For the ultimate watch snob

Soldato
So having a watch isn't a matter of practicality, it's more of a lifestyle choice then?

Interesting.

SO, the main function of a watch isn't to tell the time, as there's so many other means of getting the time - so I wonder why someone would want to wear something simply for the way it looks...

:rolleyes:

Soldato
Yes, I have a phone that generally doesn't leave me, but a watch is just so much more convenient. I guess it sounds daft to someone who doesn't have a watch, but I'd be lost without mine.

Soldato
SO, the main function of a watch isn't to tell the time, as there's so many other means of getting the time - so I wonder why someone would want to wear something simply for the way it looks...
What? :confused:

Are you saying you don't buy clothes you like just because there is a cheaper alternative? I take it you have no jewellery at all? What's your hair like? etc etc.

Man of Honour
Those dudes make some seriously weird watches.

Check this out.

:confused:

That is pretty funky but I think I'd prefer it without the links to the Titanic, seems a bit morbid to me.

On one level I've got a certain amount of admiration for the guy, selling a watch for $300k which doesn't actually tell the time is Emporers New Clothes par excellence but that is counterbalanced with a feeling of "You what? How much and it still doesn't do anything worthwhile".

Back
Top Bottom