Hazro - Any Update?

Associate
Well after having 5 24" screens now don't hold your hopes up yet because if the HP end sup being a lemon I'll be on the search again LOL!

All I want is a Dell 2007WFP but in 24" and that isn't a Dell 24xx model!

If you want to keep the Hazro these make a simelar stand to the ergotron but handles up to 14KG w*w.flat-screen-arm.co.uk/range.htm (not sure if I can post links)

mrk

mrk

Man of Honour
I have a feeling that arm won't be under £100 though Mick!

So to date I've had:

Hyundai W240D VA
BenQ FP241W VA
Dell 2408WFP VA
Hazro HZ24W
Hazro HZ24Wi

I think I might have had another 24" but I cannot honestly remember, must have been that bad ^_^

Associate
What issues apart from banding ?
If the firmware fixes the banding properly and doesnt ruin anything else in the process then this is one heck of a decent monitor.

I know you have problems of a different manner, but surely that could happen with any manufacturer.

banding => Firmware upgrade necessary (and enough ? ... who knows ...)
Green snow effect => Component inside needs to be shielded by Hazro Engineer (RMA needed so ...)
My personal problem (plus the two others for me, lottery winner ..) => at start and when coming back from sleep : white image (requiring a dozen of switch off and on to end)

I call that FAR two many problems for a "new revision" of a well working product ... too much. Moreover no one knows if that firmware upgrade is THE solution to banding or just some kind of workaround that will bring other problems.

I don't know what I will do, for now hazro refuses to replace my LCD as I am in France and OCUK wants to make me pay the charges to send it back to them, glurps ...

Last edited:
Associate
banding => Firmware upgrade necessary (and enough ? ... who knows ...)
Green snow effect => Component inside needs to be shielded by Hazro Engineer (RMA needed so ...)
My personal problem (plus the two others for me, lottery winner ..) => at start and when coming back from sleep : white image (requiring a dozen of switch off and on to end)

I call that FAR two many problems for a "new revision" of a well working product ... too much. Moreover no one knows if that firmware upgrade is THE solution to banding or just some kind of workaround that will bring other problems.

I don't know what I will do, for now hazro refuses to replace my LCD as I am in France and OCUK wants to make me pay the charges to send it back to them, glurps ...

Think of it this way yours has to go back anyway because of the fault, as could have happened with any brand. So all going well the next one you will receive will be have the firmware upgrade, have the shielded cable fitted and obsviously your problem fixed.
Do you game ? if the answer is yes its worth waiting it out as the Wi is one of the better monitors as regards to motion blur and input lag.

Other than the banding thats the only major problem Ive got with mine.

As regards to DSR they accepted your order so you should be covered. BTW the 7 days is 7 working days so it should give you a day or two longer.

Associate
Think of it this way yours has to go back anyway because of the fault, as could have happened with any brand. So all going well the next one you will receive will be have the firmware upgrade, have the shielded cable fitted and obsviously your problem fixed.
Do you game ? if the answer is yes its worth waiting it out as the Wi is one of the better monitors as regards to motion blur and input lag.

That's what I will do, I want to test a well working Hazro monitor, if one day I receive one of course ;)

mrk

mrk

Man of Honour
If anyone wants the VESA bracket for their Hazro I'll post you mine. It cost me nothing to get so won't charge for it, I only ask anyone wanting it to cover postage & packing costs as it is fairly heavy so will cost a couple quid top :)

Associate
I have a feeling that arm won't be under £100 though Mick!

So to date I've had:

Hyundai W240D VA
BenQ FP241W VA
Dell 2408WFP VA
Hazro HZ24W
Hazro HZ24Wi

I think I might have had another 24" but I cannot honestly remember, must have been that bad ^_^

What was your exerience with the BenQ mrk, I almost got that monitor but it seemed to disappear from stock!

mrk

mrk

Man of Honour
I had 2 of them.

The issues were random blackouts lasting 2~ seconds, overly bright luminance, noise coming from the display power connector area, the amount of heat blasting you from the front panel.

Out of all of them the Hazro is easily the best even with its limited stand. I had 2 Hyundai screens too btw and both had fuzzy text. The Dell had fuzzy text and VERY clear input lag!

mrk

mrk

Man of Honour
It's been the good part of a year but I'm hoping the HP will be "the one" before the next generation comes out with onboard LUT and gizmos :)

Associate
On a positive note about the Hazro, my one incidence of green sparkling - a single green pixel - disappeared when I enabled ATI's reduce DVI frequency option, and has so far failed to reappear. So that's all good. I'm a gamer, a web browser, a film watcher and a programmer, and have found this monitor to be fantastic. Love the glossy screen, continually gorging myself on the vibrant, eye-catching colours (much less garish and more natural than any PVA panel I've owned, including the Dell 2405FPW, 2407WFP and BenQ FP241W), the viewing angles are fab and the black aluminium casing is beautiful, far better than any other monitor I've had the fortune to own (it also sits nicely beside my aluminium case, which is a bonus). It really is like a 24" version of the Dell 2005FPW, only much cuter.

The backlight isn't completely perfect - it's slightly brighter in the bottom-left hand corner - but then I've never had a 24" LCD with a backlight that is. The blacks aren't as deep as those of my previous monitor (the 2407WFP) but everything else makes up for that, plus the lighting on my desk masks the fact. Besides, without LCD backlight dimming - like that seen in LCD TV tech - you're never going to be able to achieve true black blacks (wait for OLED for that). Also, with regards to banding, I do get that on some vertical gradients. It's hardly a deal breaker for me, as I don't spent all day looking for them, plus I don't actually come across them in everyday usage.

If and when Hazro release a downloadable firmware update for the banding, I'll be happy to apply it. Otherwise, I'm over the moon about my sexy new screen. If you're a photo editor, or perhaps you spend hours staring at vertical gradients or if you're after a stand that has vertical adjustments, then I could see why you might currently want to steer clear of this screen, at least for the time being (perhaps along with its firmware update, Hazro will also release a more flexible stand option, who knows?). Otherwise, I'd recommend snapping up this screen in an instant.

:)

Associate
Hi guys,

You may have seen me post a glowing report on the hazro when i first got it and then a slightly more worried report regarding banding a week later with hints of my returning the screen before its too late.

i work long and stupid hours for the place i work which means I just end up being someone who spends money to solve problems becasue i dont have the time to bloomin hang around on phones all day at queue position 6 only to be told to call another number.

So - i took stock. I looked for a new monitor to replace the hazro and after about 4 hours more research came up with zip. Sure there are things almost here but almost does not get me a picture on which to type this.

So ive decided to stick with my hazro. Aside from the banding issue which i only see on 2 websites i semi-frequently visit, i have a perfect screen. Blacks are not ject black - but the colours are so vibrant i keep going "wow" as im playing through crysis 9which is taking ages due to lack of time). I have 0 dead pixels. 0 stuck. 0 green snow. 0 scratches. 0 other issues aside from banding.

honestly? i should be pleased i guess. If worst comes to worst and the patch/update does not fix the banding and i have to RTB the monitor I will but having to send it back will not make me happy. i will write my name in the aluminium with a compas so that i get it back cos ive got a 0 dead pixel monitor and thats worth a lot to me. i have that kind of stuff.

so....there we are then! lets wait for the fix and see what does.

Dam

Associate
I had a phone conversation with someone from hazro the other day. Essentially the firmware update is almost certainly going to arrive on the 11th (maybe 12th) of september, the update fixes the banding issues, its prettymuch ready now, they just set a date so they had some breathing room.

The green sparking issue is an EMI issue, that they have to fix themselves. Essentially the cable between the DVI port and the control PCB isn't well shielded, so it's a simple job to fix (i'd probably do it myself, but i dont want to lose warranty) and then pack it up and send it back. They said u should get it back within 24-48 hrs so i think its worth it.

Associate
That is pretty good news boredhoe. (i assume you arent literally a bored hoe - mind you the recession is hitting everyone isnt it).

Did Hazro give you a clue as to whether they can roll out the fix for the banding without having to RTB the unit (ie is it something the user at home can apply?)

that single answer is going to cheer a lot of people up

Dam

Back
Top Bottom