Help using the XBOX 360 DRM tool

Caporegime
Hi,

Had a launch day 360, it RROD's and I had it replaced in store ages ago.

I had content bought on original console, which then only worked online for ages, until MS bought out this DRM tool. My new console also has content bought on it, which will work offline.

www.xbox.com/drm

Now I read this page, with the intent to transfer my licenses from old console to new console. (I presume it figures out which console is my current one by checking which one is on xboxlive etc).

Anyway, webpage says you can only use tool once every 12 months (LOL like 360s don't break more than once a year :)).

I should transfer the licenses from my 2 yrs ago console to my current one really, however if I do this then I can;t use the tool again (I am gonna swap this 360 for a new one this week).

1) If I just leave it as is and get console number 3 this week, will the page give me options to transfer licenses from consoles 1 & 2 to the 3rd machine? Or is it a case of transferring from 1 console to another only?

2) If I transfer all licenses to machine number 2, do I have to call MS to transfer from 2 to 3 this week?

Edit: Spoke to MS you can only transfer 1 consoles to anotehr and only once every 12 months. Rubbish tbh (for a console that breaks so much). Please delete thread.

rp2000

Last edited:
Soldato
Well I transferred content from 2 previous consoles (1 sold and 1 Broke) I had to my current one on the website and it all seems to have worked correctly and now all live accounts on my current elite work fine.

All you need to do is check which console is your current console via the serial number on the website and then it will transfer all the licenses over to the new console.

Soldato
Whats the score with replacing a consoles hard drive? My flashed 360 died, and im just going to bin the backups as i never played anything more than 5 minutes, i ordered an arcade, can i just swop my hard drive off my premium and put it on the arcade and all will work?

Soldato
I thought that when you used the DRM tool it took all your licences and moved the lot to one console.

Whats the score with replacing a consoles hard drive? My flashed 360 died, and im just going to bin the backups as i never played anything more than 5 minutes, i ordered an arcade, can i just swop my hard drive off my premium and put it on the arcade and all will work?

Yes, it'll plugin and work.

Caporegime
OP
I thought that when you used the DRM tool it took all your licences and moved the lot to one console.

Lady on phone told me it only moves from one console. i.e. if I bought console number 3 only console number 2 would show on site with it (number 1 would vanish). So I moved everything from console 1 to console 2 now. Once I get number 3, tomorrow, I will call and ask if they can transfer it again inside 12 months, if not play games while LIVE is connected only for 12 months, not the end of the world.

rp2000

Back
Top Bottom