KFC Breakfast

Soldato
I wonder if the boss would let me take an extended, very early lunch break and drive over from liverpool on a business venture to examine these colinary delights.

Soldato
I don't eat cheap skanky chicken.
And anyway, you can never beat a fry up.
Throw as many of those horrible egg mcmuffins and chicken wraps as you like at it, a full english in a cafe is the best end of.

Also, how can you grill tomato ketchup?

Soldato
Well you should do some research!!
As far as fast food goes kfc are among the healthiest if not the healthiest out their! They now cook everything in the much healthier soybean oil which is far better for you than the artery-clogging trans fats that disgusting places like McDonalds use! Not forgetting that chicken/white meat is also healthier than red meat!

None of those meals are healthy. At all.

As for 'cooking in trans fats' that doesn't happen. What they actually do is use rapeseed oil that hasn't been cold pressed and filtrated, and cook it at super high temperatures, this produces hydrogenated fats.

Cooking crap in 'soybean oil' doesn't stop it from being crap. And yes, they use chicken, but that's like putting lettuce in a kebab. Besides, they use poor quality battery farmed chicken, it's hardly free range, corn-fed organic is it? There's nothing unhealthy about decent quality red meat, only excess of it.

Yet another example of the knockout combination of our nations nutritional ignorance and marketing ploys making people think it's ok to eat nutritionally empty, fat rich, high calorie foods.

That said, unlike freefaller, whilst no I wouldn't eat it, and yes I'd go hungry. I'd love to munch the bloody lot :p

Ant :cool:

Last edited:
Man of Honour
Well you should do some research!!
As far as fast food goes kfc are among the healthiest if not the healthiest out their! They now cook everything in the much healthier soybean oil which is far better for you than the artery-clogging trans fats that disgusting places like McDonalds use! Not forgetting that chicken/white meat is also healthier than red meat!

No. I don't need to do research - I just don't eat ****. I'm careful with what I eat and take care of my nutrition flawlessly (or as best I can in this country where fresh food is either ridiculously expensive or just not availablE). I don't "do" fast food, I just find it disgusting, and KFC is no expection. I just don't see the attraction of injesting rubbish for the sake of 5 minutes of "pleasure" which I can assure you KFC dishes would not bring to me. It's low quality chicken, there will still be a lot of hydrogenated fats, and just because it's chicken doesn;'t make it miraculously "ok". Those are not healthy meals. There's a lot of nutritional ignorance these days and this is just the proof of the pudding. I'm into my bodybuilding/exercise and nutrition, I love cooking and am a massive food snob - but I eat well, and in copious quantities but of good quality food.

Permabanned
None of those meals are healthy. At all.

As for 'cooking in trans fats' that doesn't happen. What they actually do is use rapeseed oil that hasn't been cold pressed and filtrated, and cook it at super high temperatures, this produces hydrogenated fats.

Cooking crap in 'soybean oil' doesn't stop it from being crap. And yes, they use chicken, but that's like putting lettuce in a kebab. Besides, they use poor quality battery farmed chicken, it's hardly free range, corn-fed organic is it? There's nothing unhealthy about decent quality red meat, only excess of it.

Yet another example of the knockout combination of our nations nutritional ignorance and marketing ploys making people think it's ok to eat nutritionally empty, fat rich, high calorie foods.

That said, unlike freefaller, whilst no I wouldn't eat it, and yes I'd go hungry. I'd love to munch the bloody lot :p

Ant :cool:

I never said it was healthy, I said compared to other fast food it was healthier! So your saying that a piece of skinless chicken breast fried in "low linolenic" soybean oil is no better than a burger covered in trans fats :confused: Please come back when your talking sense :rolleyes:

Man of Honour
Do people genuinely find it tasty?! It's fair dos if you do... I just really don't find it pleasureable to eat at all. I can get the guilty pleasure of it... I just don't find it flavoursome at all.

Caporegime
Do people genuinely find it tasty?! It's fair dos if you do... I just really don't find it pleasureable to eat at all. I can get the guilty pleasure of it... I just don't find it flavoursome at all.

The 11 herbs n spices in the better is delicious, but I'm probably just conditioned to it as KFC was the take-away treat when I was growing up.

I don't find McDees or Burger King tasty at all, but when needs must, such as drinks straight after work, they are a viable option as purely stomach lining ;)

Man of Honour
You see if I had no choice but to eat KFC I'd take the skin off which defies the whole point.... I'd rather go to a supermarket and get a roasted chicken from there for the same price! ;)

Back
Top Bottom