Define Posh

Soldato
I think one cannot be "posh" unless they are well spoken, which generally rules out everyone outside Greater London :p Apart from the hoo-rah fox hunting types in the country side. That's not to say everyone in London is posh; far from it.

Essex/cockney ("at the end of the daay", "d'ya kno whot ah mean") types != posh
People who talk like they were raised in Jamaica ("innit blud") but weren't != posh
Generally anyone who's really into their Football != posh

Posh areas of the country: Kensington & Chelsea, Covent Garden, Sloane Square, Elmbridge (Surrey).

Man of Honour
Anyone who uses the word posh, isn't. That's probably a good starting point.

Speaking the language correctly being synonymous with being a posh **** seems retarded to me. There is no need to wallow in the class wars of the previous centuries, let it go, find the Ts you dropped and enjoy a classless Britain:p.

Last edited:
Some southern accents (west berkshire and other posh places).

They pronounce fast 'farst' and grass 'graaass' and path 'parth'.

Having visited friends at both Oxford and Camebridge Universities, some (as in a few) of the students there are quite posh. Private schooled, daddy ONLY earns 80k, never had a job etc.

Soldato
535923459.jpg
Nah, that's a scummer with money. Case in point - horrible fake ****.

Associate
Posh, eh?

Someone who can murder the English language to such an extent that the word "house" rhymes with "mice."

Someone who thinks that "sex" is what the coal arrives in.

Someone who gets out of the bath for a wee.

Soldato
I think a lot of people are confusing posh with rich.

I also think that some people are thinking that anyone who doesn't speak in a non-U manner are posh.

I think being posh is mostly a product of who you are friends with and what school you went to; both of which inform your attitudes and appearance.

Jez

Jez

Caporegime
I think a lot of people are confusing posh with rich.

The problem with a forum with such a diverse demographic as this one, is that people have wildly different life experience and perception as to what is normal.

This is clearly illustrated by the clifton comment. Maybe we should tell that to our tenants and charge them more? (we have property there, the tenants of which certainly could not be regarded as posh :p)

Back
Top Bottom