Spain v England Friendly 11.02.09 **Spoilers**

Caporegime
Ashley Cole is the best left back England have. Despite everyone I know hating him.

How Carrick hasn't being getting in to the England squad is beyond me :/

Soldato
When have England ever built a team around one player? :o

It always has and always will be about picking the best players, whacking them in a nonsensical formation and hoping they click.
Alright, not the team, my bad, I meant the midfield. As playing Barry recently proved, the whole Lampard/Gerrard debate is a waste of time, and it's far better to pick players who will complement one another in the middle. Carrick is a fantastic player, and can play either a defensive or a more forward role. I'd be slightly inclined to start him and Barry in the middle for this game, although without Rooney that may leave the front line a bit isolated.

Soldato
No prob with the kick-off for me. I'm off work til Monday (just thought I'd let everyone know :D)

Anyway I predict a comfortable win for Spain. I hope to god Torres doesn't get injured. Hopefully Alonso and Reina wont play.

Soldato
It really is about time they started building the England team around Michael Carrick.

Can't quite tell if thats sarcasm or not. I'd assume not as you don't tend to be one to mock united players :)

But yes, he needs to be playing in CM if England want to improve imo, alongside either Lampard or Gerrard.

Soldato
Nope no sarcasm. I honestly consider Carrick to be one of the best passers of the ball in the Premiership, up there with Alonso and Fabregas. Those three players are the only ones who have ever made me gasp at some of the ridiculous passes they've pulled off.

I wouldn't even consider Gerrard for a starting place. I'm not doubting his contribution for Liverpool, but it's been quite a while since I've seen him turn it on for England. It would be Carrick and either Lampard or Barry (depending on the level of the opposition's midfield) for me.

Soldato
Nope no sarcasm. I honestly consider Carrick to be one of the best passers of the ball in the Premiership, up there with Alonso and Fabregas. Those three players are the only ones who have ever made me gasp at some of the ridiculous passes they've pulled off.

I thought Fergie was going mad when United signed him.

I love it when he starts for United. Gives me more confidence than anyone else.

Soldato
any news on the teams yet?

Would be good to see Robert Green get a start if you ask me! I think he's a really good goalkeeper but he needs to play games like this where he can be tested to see how good he can be.

Back
Top Bottom