Does a car being towed need insurance?

Soldato
Of course it would be, as long as you can control the breaks on the towed car by electronics it'd be possible.

Do you have any idea of how long that would take and how difficult it would be to do on a car.

You'd have to a have a car with electronically assistited brakes, tap into the wiring loom, and splice the wiring system together for the car your towing from, then somehow get them to commincate. god knows how i'm only guessing.

why don't you just admit it, you don't have a clue.

Permabanned
Do you have any idea of how long that would take and how difficult it would be to do on a car.

You'd have to a have a car with electronically assistited brakes, tap into the wiring loom, and splice the wiring system together for the car your towing from, then somehow get them to commincate. god knows how i'm only guessing.

why don't you just admit it, you don't have a clue.

No, I know it'd take ages and be ridiculous! I'm not claiming it isn't. I never even said it was a good idea. I just said it is possible within the law, which it is.

Permabanned
[TW]Fox;13647842 said:
No it isn't, as I've said, even if you managed it, it would not be a type approved braked trailer, thus illegal.

I already said I don't know about the brake laws on the trailer over 750kg. But it would be legal for cars under 750kg. thus it is possible to do it within the law with a car.

Soldato
0188.jpg

We're all going clubbing?

:D:D

Soldato
Yantorsen in hole digging pointless excercise shocker!:rolleyes:

I think we established the correct answer within the first few posts.

"I was always under the impression that as with the TAX if any wheels are touching the ground in needed to be insured. A full lift or trailer are the only legal way to transport it. "

In addition, you need to check on your licence that you are allowed to tow it above a certain weight also, braked or not.

Back
Top Bottom