DnB thread!

Associate
I've had a search and it seems we don't have a Drum & Bass thread?!

I haven't been in the scene for that long but I'm currently enjoying:

Dirtyphonics - the Quarks EP especially. Check this out if you haven't already

Noisia - the fabriclive40 mix, some of their newer more electro/breaks sounding stuff; B.R.U.L, Crank, Seven Stitches, Diplodocus.

I've also recently found out that Spor has an alias - Feed Me, which is the name he uses when releasing electro tunes. The same goes for Ewun - aka Kill The Noise. I've had a listen and I've been liking some of this stuff, can't believe I've only noticed it till just now! :o

Noisia have used 3 aliases which I didn't know until recently - Hustle Athletics for Breaks, Frizz for House and Drifter for more ambient styles of Drum & Bass.

Is there any forthcoming releases you're looking forward to that we should know about, any good mixes you've heard, new tunes, etc then post them up!

:cool:

Last edited:
Associate
Well I'm currently listening to some Dubstep which is quite interesting as I didn't really like to listen to it before; but that was mainly because I only listened to the first 30 seconds of a track then said ''its crap''. But I've actually listened to full tracks and it's quite good, you have to be in the right mood though for me...

I don't know I really like more of the mainstream drum and bass, hospital mixes etc. High Contrast.

You heard Mitsabishi's newish album 'Drop'?

Associate
OP
Haven't heard much if any of Mitsabishi. On his myspace just now and I'm liking the Science Of Fear Remix.

Like some of HC's stuff - the Kanye West Flashing Lights remix is sweet.

Soldato
Haven't heard much if any of Mitsabishi. On his myspace just now and I'm liking the Science Of Fear Remix.

Like some of HC's stuff - the Kanye West Flashing Lights remix is sweet.

Get yourself subscribed to the London Elektricity Hospitiality podcasts. That pritty much covers the majority of my Drum & Bass needs.

I love Mistabushi's Tempur Trap remix!

Associate
even though dnb isn't really my thing im quiet into that in the video. The drop at 7.26 is rather savage. Any idea on the piece of equipment the guy 3rd in is using, looks like the big pioneer mixer but has rouch pads. Can see a kaoss pad next to it aswell......really need to get one of those.

Naf

Naf

Associate
I heard that High Contrast is goign to release an album of loads of his remixes - can't wait for that if it happens! Love his MGMT and Kanye West remixes especially.

I just got Mistabishi's album over the weekend, have yet to listen to it though.

Another track I'm loving at the minute is 'Wonky Eyed Lesbian' by Nightwalker.

Bit more electro but fake blood's essential mix from last friday is AMAZING.

I don't suppose you have a link where I can DL that? I heard his minimix on the MashUp and it was immense!

Soldato
Noisia - the fabriclive40 mix, some of their newer more electro/breaks sounding stuff; B.R.U.L, Crank, Seven Stitches, Diplodocus.

Haven't heard of those guys before, some of that video was good! :)
Get yourself subscribed to the London Elektricity Hospitiality podcasts. That pritty much covers the majority of my Drum & Bass needs.
Cool . . . that sounds like a good idea! :cool:

Anything on Hospital Records makes me go weak at the knees.
Agreed! ;)

Caporegime
Wat.

What's wrong with you?

:p

A lot of FabricLive albums are great, one of my all time favourites being Fabrlive 18 by Andy C and DJ Hype

Lots of things :p

Fabriclive.35: Marcus Intalex and Fabriclive. 44: Commix knock the stuffing out of the earlier ones.

I don't really like jump-up which would explain our differences in taste.

Back
Top Bottom