Poll: Who will you vote for next General Election

Who will you vote for at the next general election?

• Labour

Votes: 43 5.7%
  • Conservatives

Votes: 303 40.0%
  • Liberal Democrats

Votes: 101 13.3%
  • Green Party

Votes: 25 3.3%
  • UKIP

Votes: 30 4.0%
  • BNP

Votes: 77 10.2%
  • Democratic Unionist Party

Votes: 3 0.4%
  • Scottish National Party

Votes: 12 1.6%
  • Sinn Fein

Votes: 2 0.3%
  • Plaid Cymru

Votes: 8 1.1%
  • Social Democratic and Labour Party

Votes: 1 0.1%
  • Other

Votes: 15 2.0%
  • Abstain from voting

Votes: 84 11.1%
  • Don't know

Votes: 54 7.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Man of Honour
I'll be voting for the local MP who best represents me and my community, last time round it was Nick Clegg as he was the only local candidate who talked about the things that mattered to me. Next time it maybe someone different only time will tell, when will people in this country realise that you can't vote for the party leaders unless you live in the right constituency and that blindly voting labour or conservative regarless of the local candidate is stupid.

Most people presumably look at the party and its policies. As we don't live in the US, it's not a popularity contest between two people.

Soldato
SNP every time. Tories are a non-party here and the Lib-Dems aren't doing themselves any favours by refusing to toe the party line in respect of the expenses debacle. Labour had decades to make a difference here and have done nothing other than show just how arrogant and out of touch they are from the Scottish electorate.

I want a party that will fight for Scottish matters and even go against Westminster in doing so, the SNP are the only party that will.

Permabanned
tbh, labour have gone far too corrupt now and they have been there for too long, they need a completely new party to represent them. brown for example, has been in 2 major roles for FAR too long, one he shouldnt be there imo as he wasnt voted by the public, something I think is not very democratic.

Caporegime
well, it's not junk. scotland has enjoyed a disproportionate amount of investment under labour, as well as fake indepence which involves spending more money from otherr areas of the uk in scotland without the people forced to pay for it getting ny say in the matter... no wonder the scots like labour

This is simply not true. Scotland recieves fractionally more money than it contributes in tax receipts (and amount so small that it's probably within margin of error) - far less so than most of northern England - and, unlike northern England, it spent most of the 80s contributing far more than it got back. Time to repay our debts, methinks.

Jez

Jez

Caporegime
My vote will be into possibly the safest seat the tories have. Therefore i may as well vote tory if i bother at all.

Associate
I can't bring myself to vote Labour again, they have made some serious howlers recently and Brown is just not a good enough leader. However, Cameron seems to have about as much real political substance as a block of polystyrene - I've never heard him announce an actual policy.

Even though they don't have a hope of winning my vote has to go to the Lib Dems I guess...

Associate
Definitely not Conservative, BNP or UKIP.

We are in a bad way at the moment but I would never, ever vote conservative. I remember the Thatcher years and could rant about it but I will spare you all.

One thing is clear and that is a government in power for too long is a bad thing for any democracy and even though I am very left wing we do need a change. But I think I hate the blue alternative more.

Soldato
As we don't live in the US, it's not a popularity contest between two people.

I'd like to believe you but just read this thread and you've already got a few people saying I won't vote for Brown or that David Cameron is the best of a bad bunch etc. The British public don't even understand how there own election process works which is ridiculous. I would emplore everyone to find out about the candidates standing to represent them and what they believe in and make a choice based on this.

Soldato
I wish Vince Cable was in the Conservatives, he seems so wasted on the Lib Dems. He talks so much sense.

I know the Conservatives aren't great, but they're looking very likely to come into power next imo.

Associate
I will read up on polices closer to the time and then make an educated decision based on who I think will best suit my needs. Crazy I know. At the moment I am swinging towards tories but I am always ready to change. I am not impressed with the whole hiring and firing going on in politics seems to in breed weakness just to suit the papers.

Back
Top Bottom