• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

4890 - Bad video quality.

Associate
I noticed a major difference when watching videos using the 4890, compaired to my older and outdated nvidia card, the 4890 does a worse job at videos. I have the most recent ATI 9.5 drivers and I use a 22 inch HD moniter.

Anyone else notice this, or am I missing something major?

Associate
The latest 9.5 driver doesn't seem to suit everyones setup

May i suggest drive sweeper (google if you're new to it) then try from 9.2 to 9.4

Either go from 9.2 upwards or 9.4 backwards

Only got a 4870 512 so the swapping drivers maybe a start, other will reply with the same card i have no doubt

Associate
OP
The latest 9.5 driver doesn't seem to suit everyones setup

May i suggest drive sweeper (google if you're new to it) then try from 9.2 to 9.4

Either go from 9.2 upwards or 9.4 backwards

Only got a 4870 512 so the swapping drivers maybe a start, other will reply with the same card i have no doubt

I was using 9.4 drivers for a while, updated to 9.5 today hoping it would make a difference but didnt.

Maybe its the player I am using to watch DVDs, using VLC player atm. Any other suggestions for a decent video player?

Back
Top Bottom