Need help!! Freezing!

Associate
Hello, i just setup my preorder bundle, and it randomly freezes in the windows, also it doesnt show my 500gb disk on my compter(however in device manager it's there).

I'm using

i7 920 @ 4GHz
Rampage Extreme 2
Corsair XMS3 9-9-9-24
Corsair H50
Corsair 850Watt power supply
Crucial SSD 64GB
WD 500GB 7200rpm ecogreen
Haf922
9800GT Latest drivers(It used to crash before i install latest too)

Can anyone help me out? I'm on university campus and i noticed if i plug like a charger too on the plugs, the general power switch drops, maybe it's limited ampers. Is that what is causing the problem by not giving enough power? Or maybe the windows? Could it be the Solid state drive?

Thanks in advance

Andreas

Last edited:
Soldato
Give us a screenshot from Computer Management->drive management, someone had exactly the same issue with a drive not turning up yesterday. The normal problem is that the drive has not yet been partitioned, formatted, or has yet to be assigned a drive letter (All of these are done in drive management). If this is not the case, is there an error or warning symbol next to the drive in device manager?

As far as the freeaing is concerned, does the mouse just stop moving and the keyboard play dumb at random, or does it just appear to hang when you try to launch applications?

Associate
OP
I assigned it a letter, now i will test if it crashes again, the disk shows up it's ok now.

EDIT: It crashed again. I hear a buzzling in the plug, zzzzzz, when it happened =/

Last edited:
Soldato
I assigned it a letter, now i will test if it crashes again, the disk shows up it's ok now.

EDIT: It crashed again. I hear a buzzling in the plug, zzzzzz, when it happened =/

My HX850 came with a dodgy power cable (Other than that it's been fantastic), it didn't quite fit the socket, and buzzed (cable did the same when I plugged it into my monitor). Do you have a spare power cord you could try, or does the buzzing come and go if you wiggle the power connector slightly?

Associate
OP
When the screen freezes i noticed the mouse and keyboard are not powered..

Could it be faulty motherboard? I doubt that because it was in a bundle and supposed to be tested..

Associate
OP
No buzzing now, it wasn't the plug i had the pc in that was buzzing but the 4rth in the row

EDIT: I used a power extention and it doesn't start, it says the overclocking as failed, and i pressed F2 to at default and runs at 2.8 ghz now, but it doesn't crash in the windows after the most xtreme settings benchmarks.

So the overclocking settings should be the problem?!

Last edited:
Soldato
No buzzing now, it wasn't the plug i had the pc in that was buzzing but the 4rth in the row

EDIT: I used a power extention and it doesn't start, it says the overclocking as failed, and i pressed F2 to at default and runs at 2.8 ghz now, but it doesn't crash in the windows after the most xtreme settings benchmarks.

So the overclocking settings should be the problem?!

Sounds like it could be. BTW Rich has previously stated that using the overclocked bundle on an extension cable can cause the overclock to fall back to stock, I can only assume it's something to do with grounding, but I'm no electricial engineer.

Associate
OP
Well, maybe i should chat with them? Because now it runs without freezing or anything , i'm thinking to start overclocking slowly by myself...

Back
Top Bottom