SW:TOR BETA LEAK!!!!!

Soldato
Accepting sign up for testers? I dont know, you can be signed up for years. Would be very nice if there was an early beta, make a change for the industry!

Soldato
Isn't this still a single player epic with the option to have 3 other players to play with you online? I thought I read that somewhere. Not to poo on peoples expectations I just don't think it is an MMO.

PLEASE prove me other wise because I seriously want it to be.

Last edited:
Soldato
Way too early for a beta.

Edit: Bioware have been quiet with email announcements for a while since they offically released Sith Warrior as a class. It makes me wonder whether the so called 'beta' that was published on the website was just a teaser to keep people interested, but, if it was a mistake and they are in the stages of developing and releasing a beta down the line, then that's brilliant news.

Last edited:
Soldato
Isn't this still a single player epic with the option to have 3 other players to play with you online? I thought I read that somewhere. Not to poo on peoples expectations I just don't think it is an MMO.

In a way, yes. You can still have companions with you.

Just think of it as KOTOR, but with real life players running around and sharing chat convo's with you, etc.

Soldato
Edit - From reading it around it sounds like a story driven game with the ability to group. Which could mean epic changes in the MMO world, if people class that as MMO. If it is all instanced then no it's not an MMO. :p

Last edited:
Soldato
Is this going to be online only as I have no interest in the MMO bit. Also, anyone else think the graphics look a bit crap?

Yeah, and i think they're planning on porting it to PS3 and Xbox 360 or the new version of the Xbox. I only dislike the character graphics, but it's still early stages.

Soldato

Sadly you are correct. It's essentially a single player game with other people in it.

:(

Man of Honour
like all MMOs then. lol

Depends how you look at it I suppose, for instance...would you pay a monthly subscription for Diablo 2? It after all has the ability to group with a few people.

The game is so far away still, and there is so little concrete info around that at the moment I'm not even sure whether there are hundreds of people all running around or whether its only you and your party. The former I would pay a monthly subscription for, the latter just isnt worth a monthly subscription (although the game itself could still be good).

I remember reading an article by one of the devs where they stated that when talking to npcs you would be alone with the npc without other players..that to me certainly sounded like it was a diablo 2 style of game where you effectively played in the game with your own little group. Would be brilliant in terms of story and so on, but not something I would pay £10 a month for.

I am still waiting for some kind of official response on exactly how the light/dark sides work...for instance, the question I would like answered is , can I go along on a "mission" with a group of players to kill some sith badguy, and then at the last minute decide to be "tempted" by the dark side and attack my group in order to help the sith guy. OR....is it that I can either be good or bad and can only group with other good or bad guys on preset missions during which I cannot change my allegiance and attack my former comrades?

Caporegime
Heard to many differing stories at the moment which suggests a couple possibilities, its an MMO but they are purposefully making it as different as possible to other MMO's just for the sake of being different which seems to be the goal of almost every failed MMO out there. Or maybe they just haven't come up with a final setting yet, maybe they reached to far and have scaled back on what they aimed for massively. Me who knows, this is the problem with big ass games, lots reach to far, failed, end up limited and disjointed and fail miserably(Hellgate, amongst, a billion others). But Bioware don't seem like that company to me.

Problem seems to be everyone has had their own idea of a great Star Wars MMO in their head and had their own idea of what Bioware might do given a shot at it, so a lot of the guessing at what its going to be is peoples own idea's being mixed in.

Personally I don't care what its classed as, an MMO, lots of instancing, or single player only, being bioware, starwars and heavily story driven I'm fairly sure I'll love it.

I think too many people with too many preconceptions on what they think it should be, will end up massively dissappointed if the game turns out even slightly different.

Back
Top Bottom