OC Basic settings required

Associate
Hi Guys,

I have purchased http://www.overclockers.co.uk/showproduct.php?prodid=BU-003-OB&groupid=43&catid=339&subcat= last week and I am having issues, where when I turn my pc on for the 1st time my monitor just shows the stand light. Then the computer turns off and then back on but this time the screen showing a display.

Also the computer feels a lot slow then my Q6600 @ 2.4GHz

Please help me, by providing me the basic bios configuration to overclocker it to 4GHz.

Bashy.

Associate
Hi Guys,

I have purchased http://www.overclockers.co.uk/showproduct.php?prodid=BU-003-OB&groupid=43&catid=339&subcat= last week and I am having issues, where when I turn my pc on for the 1st time my monitor just shows the stand light. Then the computer turns off and then back on but this time the screen showing a display.

Also the computer feels a lot slow then my Q6600 @ 2.4GHz

Please help me, by providing me the basic bios configuration to overclocker it to 4GHz.

Bashy.

As posted before if having issues with bundles post in the customer support forum for help.

Associate
OP
Hi Guys,

I have contacted Techincal support via the telephone to the questions that I had and I got the following responses;

Q: My pc starts up on cold boot with the monitor on standby. Then it turns off and then back and this I get the screen displaying.
A: This is normal process.

Q: My pc running at the standard CPU speed. But I have paid for a 3.8GHz overclock. So can I run this speed 24/7.
A: No, as the speed something can not be turned off.

Then I get hanged up on.

Someone please help me and let me know if anything he said was incorrect. I am not happy with this service and I think I will overclock it myself.

Bashy.

Last edited:
Associate
In the BIOS, press F12: Load CMOS From BIOS. You should see an OCUK Profile. Press RETURN to load this and press ESCAPE to return to the main BIOS screen. Now select MB Intelligent Tweaker and you should see the O/C settings.

If the settings have been loaded correctly, on the CPU Frequency field you should see 3.82Ghz (191x20). If so, press ESCAPE, F10, Y.

You should reboot with the correct settings. Good luck though as I'm still struggling to get a stable o/c with OC profile.

Associate
OP
In the BIOS, press F12: Load CMOS From BIOS. You should see an OCUK Profile. Press RETURN to load this and press ESCAPE to return to the main BIOS screen. Now select MB Intelligent Tweaker and you should see the O/C settings.

If the settings have been loaded correctly, on the CPU Frequency field you should see 3.82Ghz (191x20). If so, press ESCAPE, F10, Y.

You should reboot with the correct settings. Good luck though as I'm still struggling to get a stable o/c with OC profile.

Hi Ruskie,

Have you tried to contact them. If you did what did they say ??

I will let you know if I get this issue fixed or once I have it stable.

Bashy.

Associate
bashy

I did leave them a webnote yesterday because I lost my Overclock profile in the BIOS after a flash upgrade to the Beta BIOS. If you check the Gigabyte website, the Beta BIOS is supposed to fix CPU heat issues so I thought it was worth a try.

I contacted Tech Support so they could email me the 4 Ghz & 3.8 Ghz profiles. I was told to reflash back to shipped BIOS and reseat the HSF. I did this and I was promised the profile by email which unsurprisingly didn't arrive.

I'm personally going to overclock myself as I've seen people on the forums/web get high clocks with lower voltages. What I read on the web, every processor is different, settings for one processor may or may not work for another. Makes the generic OC profile a bit useless in IMO. Unless somebody on here wants to say otherwise?

ruskie

Associate
OP
Thanks Ruskie.

I will backup my bios to my hdd. Then I will try and overclock myself.

Good luck with your overclocking.

bashy.

Back
Top Bottom