sorry tyre question Toyo Proxes T1-R

Soldato
Sorry for making another tyre thread but Just want to get the general opinion on these, they seem the best for the money but I dont really have any experience with them, anyone used them or know much about them?

Soldato
Major sidewall deflection issues..
IMG_1216.jpg

What size are you going for?

Man of Honour
I've got them in 195/45/15 size and they seem fine. Certainly more stable than the linglongs on there before, but thats not hard really. Seem ok.

edit: actually think they are 195/50

Last edited:
Don
I had 195/50/15 on my Integra and tbh, I found them fine, didn't have crazy wear, and never wobbled on fast corners. People with 195/55/15 say it's a different story.

Same goes for the KU31's I replaced them with, the 50's are a good balance and 55's are a bit soft in the sidewall.

This is what I've read on forums, I've not tested both sizes.

The T1R's had fantastic wet grip

Soldato
General consensus is the wear rate is not as good as other tyres, and they will perform better after they have been worn in. Some people compensate for the softer sidewalls by going a few PSI over normal.

Soldato
If it's just for road use then they should be fine on most cars (although some people report them to be poor?) i've never had an issue with them on a number of cars.

I've heard they're not brilliant for track use though.

Associate
Got these in 195/50. had them around 6k miles now and wear rate looks to be fine, haven't noticeably lost any tread depth and I drive them quite hard. Dry grip is very good and wet grip even better. I haven't noticed any side wall issues in this size.

Back
Top Bottom