Poll: ***The all new gymrats thread***

Do we archive this thread and start a new one for 2010?

• Yeah good idea.

Votes: 11 78.6%
  • Nah I'm happy with this one.

Votes: 3 21.4%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Soldato
Yeah I just tried it on my hands alone and it was a bit difficult. I guess it resembles a weighted plank a bit. I'll have to try these at somepoint.

Caporegime
Chocolate smooth flavour impact whey

Just received my order of the above from MyProtein.

Luckily, all the reports of it being extremely tasty are true, as I ordered ten lbs of it without trying a sample first! Seriously, it's bloody delicious!!

I know many of you are sceptical about powdered protein, but I tend to find it a struggle to eat enough chicken and eggs as I just don't like it in the quantities I supposedly need to eat it.

Associate
Complex to try tonight:

T Nation said:
Deadlift
Romanian Deadlift
Bentover Row
Power Clean
Front Squat
Push Press
Back Squat
Good Morning

Here's where we get nasty:

Perform 6 reps of each (48 total reps). It should take about 60 seconds. Rest 90 seconds, then perform 5 reps of each; rest 90 seconds, 4 reps of each; rest 90 seconds, 3 reps of each; rest 90 seconds, 2 reps of each; rest 90 seconds, and then do 1 rep of each.

The entire workout should take about 12 minutes, not counting the time you spend sobbing like a little girl in a frilly dress.

I'm scared.

Associate
Does anyone know where I can source Hellsmann Olive Oil from a UK Online supplier? I refuse to eat vegetable oil variants

Google is failing me, or perhaps I am failing Google.

Thanks.

Soldato
Any ideas on good shoulder exercises for improving their stamina and endurance besides lower weight/higher reps?
Training for my Ironman and the swimming section is my least of improvements!

Powerclean/Hanging clean to Military/Push press.
Just superset some exercises too for example:
Upright Rows x 10 straight onto 10x Military Press. (You can even do supersets back to back if you want some real pain)

Try making up some supersets with other shoulder/trap exercises like shrugs, raises, rear flyes.

I'd recommend trying DB shoulder press with no back rest as it's very difficult to lock out and much much harder than with a back rest. Absolutley blasts the shoulders. You get a good core/postural workout too!

Last edited:
Soldato
Yeah at the moment doing some HangClean to PushPress, some Arnolds and shoulder fly's. Will have to start trying super sets - trouble is I can't go too crazy as my body is not allowed that much recovery time :( kind of a catch 22 thing.

Man of Honour
Does anyone know where I can source Hellsmann Olive Oil from a UK Online supplier? I refuse to eat vegetable oil variants

Google is failing me, or perhaps I am failing Google.

Thanks.

any reason you need that exact olive oil? theres plenty on offer in your local supermarket

Soldato
Not feeling so cocky now having had the luxery of being able to train through Christmas. Received the worst throat/headcold/chest infection in my life and not trained for six days. Lol just been going in (the gym) every other day for a cuppa whilst the guys get on with it :mad:

Man of Honour
OP
Anyone else ever felt light headed after DLs? :p

http://failblog.org/2010/01/07/weightlifting-fail-2/

LOL! Served him right for rubbish form and weight and for dropping the weight. :p

Looked painful though :(

16st this evening, though this was after dinner... hmmm I was meant to be going back down! Bloody Christmas and skiing holidays and too much apfelstrudel! :p Well I needed the fuel to keep me warm you see, and and and........ :o :o

Soldato
I can't wait to get back to the gym! I only had abour 53kg max at my folks place over the holidays and it was annoying trying to work in my tiny cramped room. I smashed a lot of my things by accident :/

Worse yet I'm back at my apartment, but the college and it's gym is closed due to all the snow and ice. I'm getting twitchy here!

I need my gym fix! I haven't had dom's since the holidays. It's like withdrawls. :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom