Corsair H50 or Thermalright Venomous X

Permabanned
I've just installed this but can't get the pressure bracket thing to move at all!, dunno what i'm doing wrong.

Did you wind it back with your hand before you installed it ?

I wound mine inwards so i could just see the metal guide coming through so my heatsink would be straight.

I then tightened the two outside screws before tightening the pressure screw :D

Soldato
Looks like i wont be testing mine tonight, spent hours sorting my cables switched on and smell and sight of smoke, looked like it was coming from the fan controller mind you but seems motherboard is dead.. too tired to figure it out tonight.:mad:

Associate
Looks like i wont be testing mine tonight, spent hours sorting my cables switched on and smell and sight of smoke, looked like it was coming from the fan controller mind you but seems motherboard is dead.. too tired to figure it out tonight.:mad:

That's really not a good sign...

I hope your motherboard is not gone, that would be costly.

RBL

RBL

Associate
khemist, have you sorted it yet?

What was the issue with the pressure knob?

I'll be ordering mine at the end of the week as I'm currently in Thailand.

I installed my VX on friday and I am happy with it. Installation was quite straight forward and after overclocking my i7 to 4.0Ghz I got 25* idle, 50* when gaming (Crysis for example) and it jumps to about 70* after few hours of Prime's torture test. Not bad!

RBL

RBL

Associate
Did you screw the screws with the springs all the way down tight?

I did as it says in manual:

Note: Please do not use force to overturn the screw, please stop when the screw is at a natural stop, and adds pressure by tightening the Pressure adjustable knob

I adjusted pressure knob to max though.

Last edited:
Soldato
khemist, have you sorted it yet?

What was the issue with the pressure knob?

I'll be ordering mine at the end of the week as I'm currently in Thailand.

It was just really really tight and hard to turn at first, i've got it mounted now.

Motherboard was dead and so was cpu somehow, it looked like it had burn marks under it? - maybe a tiny flake of metal had been in the socket , that's all i can think of since the underside of the cpu was discolored.

I've switched to i5 now will post some temps later.

Associate
Would i see much of a benefit if i switched from my Noctua NH-U12P?

I probably be using the same fans (2 Noctua fans), just want that extra bit of cooling, not too happy with my temps at the moment.

Permabanned
Hi,

Well using the stock intel fan on my i5 clocked at 3.2ghz i was getting 44 degrees idle and high 90's on load

Now at 4.0ghz with the H50 im getting 30 degrees idle and 68 load!!

I think they are brilliant!

Back
Top Bottom