Post your bikes thread

Associate
Used mine to goto work thursday and friday. Broke down on the way home friday :( Some reason I keep having the same problem, the engine stops getting fuel.

How olds your bike?

I had to do a tank off and flush, fuel tap out and clean and the mesh filter around it last week. I got a handful of gunk out of the tank that was defo slowing the fueling plus when I hit low on the reserve it died and wouldnt start. Also replaced the fuel filter as it was black and gungy.
Its like the CBR has an extra 20bhp in the midrange :D

Last edited:
Soldato
Its a 1997 CBR6 FV. I thought it was pump maybe as its very intermitant. I can go for about 400 miles with out a hitch. Then break down 2-3 times in one journey. I'm getting a new battery as I keep charging it every night but it still dies after trying to turn it over 2-3 times. Got a couple days off so if its not too chilly I might take the tank and check all of that. I've checked wiring but its mint considering its 13 years old. The pump seems to be working, pulses 2-3 times every 10-20 seconds. Swapped the fuse for one of the spares. I switched to the hi-octane fuel and added some red-x. On the way home I drained it down to nowt, reason I broke down the 3rd time :o Inside fuel tank looks really clean no bits of dirt or anything. Bike has only done 12k miles so is very good condition for its age.

Associate
Its a 1997 CBR6 FV. I thought it was pump maybe as its very intermitant. I can go for about 400 miles with out a hitch. Then break down 2-3 times in one journey. I'm getting a new battery as I keep charging it every night but it still dies after trying to turn it over 2-3 times. Got a couple days off so if its not too chilly I might take the tank and check all of that. I've checked wiring but its mint considering its 13 years old. The pump seems to be working, pulses 2-3 times every 10-20 seconds. Swapped the fuse for one of the spares. I switched to the hi-octane fuel and added some red-x. On the way home I drained it down to nowt, reason I broke down the 3rd time :o Inside fuel tank looks really clean no bits of dirt or anything. Bike has only done 12k miles so is very good condition for its age.

Could be the rectifier if its that intermittant...
Defo worth a clean out of all fuel related bits, youl be surprised at what you find dirt wise.
NB. Mines a 1997 CBR600F :D

Soldato
Could be the rectifier if its that intermittant...
Defo worth a clean out of all fuel related bits, youl be surprised at what you find dirt wise.
NB. Mines a 1997 CBR600F :D

What does your rectifier look like? Mine has a flat top but I've seen some with cooling fins. Mine gets really hot even when just sitting idling.

Soldato
Few from a little blast out today :D

999-close-side.jpg

999-front.jpg

999-termi.jpg

tank.jpg

999-rear-distant.jpg

999-Landscape-1.jpg

Soldato
Ok seriously I think my next bike is going to be a 999 now, I blame you :(

:D haha, sorry mate. would be a good choice though. Had jap 4 cylinders since I passed my test nearly 15 years ago. Cant tell you how much I love this bike and ive only had it 2 days :p. Just feels that little bit special compared to everything else I have ridden.

Oh and it aint the 'R', wish my budget strectched that far :(

Soldato
A Place close to me has an R going, gimps want £12k for it though, no chance.

probably no point me getting anything special like this until next year now though, wont get be able to give it the use it deserves until im healed more.

spp

spp

Associate
kidloco, that Ducati is stunning. Out of interest how big is the tank capacity, and how many miles do you get out of a tank?

Soldato
Think it's around 15 litres mate. Light supposed to come on around 100-110 miles. Haven't let that happen yet though. In the process of running it to the light just so I know myself.

Associate
My new ride - well pleased with it, especially when I look back through this thread at the £500 Chinese 125 I had 2 years ago :D A steal at £2450 too!

p1000705b.jpg

p1000698g.jpg

p1000702e.jpg

Associate
2003 with 20k miles and FSH :) Standard apart from a dark double bubble screen.

Only odd thing is won't start unless the clutch is released :\

Back
Top Bottom