• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

** Official ATI 5770 Thread **

Soldato
Using 10.2 drivers i get 10,057 in vantage. I got 8000 with my 8800GT, crysis benchmark has only gone up by 15fps in DX9. Am i missing something?

edit - Just tried 3dmark 06 and heres before and after. Is someone not setup correctly?

8800GT
15082, 6421, 6104, 4995

16338, 6424, 7455, 4993

What's the rest of your rig? At the moment it looks like it could be a CPU bottleneck.

Associate
ATi-Radeon-HD-5770.jpg

I want to get a 5770 but i am looking for the oem cooler one,are they still available to buy if so where?

Thank you

Permabanned
ATi-Radeon-HD-5770.jpg

I want to get a 5770 but i am looking for the oem cooler one,are they still available to buy if so where?

Thank you

I think XFX still use the original cooler, or you might have to buy them second hand.

I think I'll be putting my V1 coolers back on instead of my Zalmans when I get the Rampage III because it will look better. They run at 1000 Mhz with both, but the V1 cooler is noisy, and the Zalmans I bought are silent.

Im also wondering how much the V1s would sell for second hand against the current barrage of dumbed down 5770s, particularly since they dont seem to have voltage tweaking on them anymore, but theres nothing I want to replace them with yet unless the 5850s go to <£199.

Thinking about grabbing two of these for CF (one now and then one later), I'm just wondering though once I have two of them can you run 3 monitors off them while they are in CF mode?, can anyone explains to me how CF mode effects multi-screen set-ups please?

Note -

I won't be using the 3 screens for gaming, just the main middle screen, but what happens to the other panels?, as I usually have apps open on them permanently.

Associate
Hey guys, is there a 1Gig club? I haven't seen one mentioned, or maybe I'm blind. This is my Sapphire 5770 Vapor-X with Asus bios. After the initial problems I had with mobo compatability (fixed by Gigabyte, really, really nice people( yes, I flamed them)), running totally smooth and stable. Now, where do I sign up?:cool:

1Gig.jpg

Permabanned
Well, just about any 5770 that supports software voltage tweaking will manage 1 Ghz at around 1.2-1.25v with the stock cooler, so theres not much need for a club :).

Soldato
Is it possible to flash the 5770 with the Asus bios to enable voltage increase on the new Powercolor 5770s or has the voltage increase been disabled on the hardware?

I tried using MSI afterburner but everytime I try and save or apply the new clock/memory speeds they reset to defaults.

HeX

HeX

Soldato
Is it possible to flash the 5770 with the Asus bios to enable voltage increase on the new Powercolor 5770s or has the voltage increase been disabled on the hardware?

I tried using MSI afterburner but everytime I try and save or apply the new clock/memory speeds they reset to defaults.

If it isn't the stock PCB you won't be able to flash it. You will just brick the card.

Back
Top Bottom