Wikileaks releases apache footage.

Soldato
Last edited:
Soldato
The last thread on this was deleted for some reason.

I'd hope British troops wouldn't act on such flakey grounds, but who knows...

Permabanned
Yep my thread was deleted but that was because the video I embedded had swearing and people being .... * squints at CIA prompt card* given hugs and flowers.

Last edited:
Soldato
I would want to know where the evidence comes from that tells what is happening in the video, how do we know it is the 2 journalists being talked about and not some insurgents? Not saying it isn't, but further investigation needs to be done.

Soldato
That point is also true, I mean, the pointing at the 2 children, just looked like blurs until it was written, but the attitudes towards taking lives there is just so laid back, I know its warfare, but its still not nice to watch

Soldato
OP
I have a feeling this will be gone soon, hard to discuss something like this here.

edit, I guess the video link removal isn't so bad.

Permabanned
I would want to know where the evidence comes from that tells what is happening in the video, how do we know it is the 2 journalists being talked about and not some insurgents? Not saying it isn't, but further investigation needs to be done.

Agreed.
I could put arrows on screen pointing out Ronald McDonald getting shot but I'd like to see some proof too.
Looks like the sort of thing that Michael Moore would fake.

Heres the article from 2007 http://www.nytimes.com/2007/07/13/world/middleeast/13iraq.html?_r=3&partner=rssnyt&emc=rss

There is no denying this happened. Only now we know the real event which took place and not the one the War PR machine said as you can see from the quotes in the footage.

Soldato
Even without the audio, it's pretty shocking ... but then again why should I be shocked? Surely everyone knows, stuff like this is happening all the time, it is war after all.

Either learn to live with it or do something about it.

Associate
Removing such a discussion would be a terrible decision as we should all be made aware of this terrible occurrence.

If it is removed from this forum, I hope a statement is made as to the reasons.

Here's a link I found on Reddit showing the location of the incident : Military Grid Reference System

Last edited:
Soldato
absolutely shocking. :( just sick....

They said they had rpgs and ak47s. Anyone here see ak47s and rpgs....... unbelievable attitude of the US soldiers as well......

Kristoph said:
I have a feeling this will be gone soon, hard to discuss something like this here.

why???? Are you saying this thread will be deleted or closed....?

Soldato
Fair enough for the video removal, but let the thread stay. I'm sure those who want to see the video can find it anyway.

I do think I can make out some weapons, on some of them, and if the journalist hadn't been pointed out to me, I might have also mistaken his camera for a gun, but I still think it despicable how they actually wanted to kill them, hoping they had guns just so they were allowed to open fire. And with the van, automatically thinking they were there to scavenge guns without even waiting to see.

Soldato
Terrible decisions made in that video. These are meant to be highly trained individuals - they're not even under attack so you can't blame the fog of war.

You can tell how trigger happy they were wanting the guy to have a weapon so he could shoot him.

Soldato
Hindsight is great isn't it.
Shame most of the people shouting from the rooftops about how bad it is can't take it on face value.
You've been ordered to take out people with weapons
They identified what they THOUGHT were weapons
They caught a guy with what LOOKED like an rpg hiding round the corner of a brick wall.
They asked for permission to engage, with evidence as they believed they saw.
They engaged and took them out.

That's what you ****ing do in war... kill people or be killed
Sometimes you **** up and kill the wrong people, it's a damn stressful place to be that's for sure. **** happens.

Sorry but for all the good this wiki leaks do, the video just seems like as great big spun up media frenzy, almost something like greenpeace would do..

Back
Top Bottom