Project: Si7ence #2

Soldato
OP
Cheers for all the nice comments guys, much appreciated :)

I did think about doing a simple colour scheme of just white and blue or blue and black but wanted something else to give it a bit of kick, the black internals really shows off the white tubing and braiding.

Just waiting til payday now to order the final last bits to finish the case off. Am waiting for the AMD release on the 23rd before i decide on the graphics card to use in here

Associate
Hi Paul,

Sorry I've taken so long to comment on your build but I've hardly been on the forums.

It's absolutely quality mate. I love the colour scheme and I really like the case too. I think that's the only case I'd swap my TJ07 for. Surprised you used compression fittings as I thought you were a barb man.:D It will really finish it off once you get the gpu sorted and under water!

Bit disappointed you haven't used black screws for the PCI slots though. :p

Once again, an incredible build and it doesn’t get much better than that.

1 Vote for Million Dollar PC.

RoEy

Soldato
OP
Cheers fella, good to see you back on here :D

I got some vented PCI plates to use, but not full black, gonna get some more black screws for the PCI slots as used the majority on the drive bays over standard screws.

Got a 8800GTX with waterblock installed that last night, fixed the drive bay cover as well and shifted things around at the front so pics coming shortly :)

Last few things left to do is wire up vandal switch and braid cables, then full cable management in the bottom with some P clips I have got, think everyone here will know how long it takes to cable manage!!

Soldato
Looks great Paul! It's been ages since I had a proper look round here, last time I was oggling RoEy's build. I really like your's so far though! Might even prefer it to RoEy's...

Well RoEy, I took your advice, I've got the setup in my sig now, and my first mod is underway, so keep your eyes peeled mate! :p

Soldato
OP
Bit of an update:

I had been running my PC for a while now but never quite finished it all completely off, once it was built I started using it and it got left half done, so about time to finish it off!

Firstly decided to retire my tired 500gb's in Raid0 for use in my NAS, so bought a Crucial M225 128gb SSD and a Western Digital 1tb for storage, I was going to go for a Velociraptor drive for game installations but decided to use one of the old 500gb's for that.

I also finally got round to putting the block on the 4870x2 and get that on its own dual loop, something I should have really done sooner for the silence!

There was also quite a few minor things I needed to do to previous off my case:

Braid cables - Bought the pre-braided ones from the shop
Fit Vandal Switch - Wiring shortly but stock Lian Li one removed ready
Cable Tidy - Getting there, got P clips but awaiting the 24 pin braided cable to come before finishing
Fit Mesh to side panels - Complete
Spray DVD drive black - Complete

I haven't got too many pics in the way of a build log for this so will post up the few I have:

Firstly braiding some fans, one of the little side jobs needing doing:

IMG_8482.jpg

Case mostly stripped out, had some of the blue tubing for the GPU loop left in there whilst I ran the 4870x2 on air

The Prep Work:

IMG_8451.jpg

Ended up making quite a mess whilst working!

IMG_8496-2.jpg

GPU loop mostly in now:

IMG_8498-2.jpg

Decided to hide the SSD and the BigNG underneath my PSU at the back, snug fit in there

IMG_8518.jpg

Ok... The cable tidying isn't the best in this picture, as stated above awaiting for the braided 24 pin motherboard cable to come before finishing off, will use P clips on the back of the motherboard to route the cables:

IMG_8522.jpg

The Side Panels:

These gave me a lot of grief given the size of the bottom rad cut but worked out suprisingly well, had just enough mesh where it could fit under the two vertical mounts and screw down on top, holding the mesh in place, the mesh was cut at my Dad's workplace on their industrial guillotine - saved a lot of work!

IMG_8523.jpg

IMG_8525.jpg

IMG_8526.jpg

Soldato
OP
And the (semi) finished product:

Here is what it looks like on the business side of things

IMG_8505.jpg

IMG_8508.jpg

IMG_8509.jpg

IMG_8514.jpg

I have yet to finish off a few things on the outside of the case to be honest, I need to give the DVD case a 2nd coat so that is not in (so no stealth bezel in place either), I have yet to wire and fit the replacement vandal switch in either which should be done in the next day or two, need to get some black screws for the PCI slots and will then fit my Silverstone vented ones in place - just little finishing touches really. Once these are complete then I will get the panels on (finally after months of never having them on!) and take some proper finished pics

Cheers for reading guys

Back
Top Bottom