***Biker's Lounge Thread***

Status
Not open for further replies.
Associate
1k :o ouch! I just some insurance yesterday and it was only £300 fully comp and that's with my fault claim last year.

Well I took my first proper ride on the road today :D cant believe how much I have missed it!
But damn im definatelly not getting a naked bike, the Street Triple on the motorway is a nightmare!
Im aching already from all this leather and wearing backpacks business! :p

Bugger! What speed is it that you start to get annoyed/fall off the back? I very much like being able to hide behind a cowling, nice and quiet, you know, can read a book or play on the Gameboy.

Soldato
Yeah, Motorway and naked bikes = pain. When I did my first long ride on my Bandit from Liverpool to London, I just remember how much pain I was in the next day lol. Love my faired bikes now :D.

Soldato
Thanks dude :)

Great to ride again! my arms aching abit now, not sure if its anything specific or just a combination of everything again but ill see how it goes :/

I guess it's to be expected, you've been off for ages, so it's time your muscles learnt how to sit on a bike again; I forget which racer said it, but it apparently doesn’t matter how much stretching you do, time in the saddle is the best way to get your muscles back into riding shape – couldn’t agree more really, I’m finding the more I ride the more comfortable it is :)

Soldato
After wearing them for almost 500 miles now, I thought that I would post my thoughts on the Handroids:

*The exo-skeleton – I still, for the life of me, cannot work out what they do; sure they look nice, but I think they’re just a gimmick rather than a necessity – if anything I guess they may stop your fingers being snapped backwards.

*The feel – brilliant, they feel like you’re not wearing anything (ooh err), so fingering the controls is faff-free, which is always nice.

*Comfort – very comfortable, no real issues with any part of the glove on a long ride, the wrist clamps are comfortable, and the only gripe I have with mine are the fact where I went for large over medium, there’s a little excess on the palm that rucks up close to where my fingers start and did cause a bit of pain by the end of the ride – I’m hoping the rubber there will supple up with time and this won’t be an issue though...

*PITA – the little white plastic clips on the top keep popping off, they haven’t left the gloves (yet!), as there are three points that connect them, but seeing these bits flap away is a little disconcerting – I think that I may have to use a little dab of glue to keep them in place.

For £160, they’re in the same price range as what I paid for my Alpinestars GP Pro gloves, but the Handroids are leagues better in my opinion, from the off they were comfortable and didn’t need to be broken in, whereas my GPs took several thousand miles to become comfortable.

Oh, and if you have a bean head like mine, you’ll find it tough getting these into your helmet when you park up :p

Soldato
That'll be why you carry ear plugs I take it? :D

Damn right and I need them on this Street Triple damn thing is stupidly noisy.

Im baffled! someone care to enlighten lol

I think its something girl riders use?? :confused:

After wearing them for almost 500 miles now, I thought that I would post my thoughts on the Handroids:

Nice writeup dude, yea I think the exo skeleton is just another level of protection, not that id want to test it.. though my bog standard Alpinestar GP Pro did a good job of protecting my hand in my accident.
I just want the Handroids because they look awesome :D think im going to pick some up in a few weeks.

Associate
Actually wore my Handroids to work this morning. I'd switched back to winter gloves over the last couple of weeks since the weather took a dive.

Still loving the feel you get on the controls. Finding they want to ride down my arm a bit though. Maybe that's cos I'm still in quite bulky textile clothing atm though. I'll maybe play with the wrist adjusters some more...

Hopefully be ok when the new leather arrives :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom