young Grass hopper

Soldato
This doesn't have a huge relevance to Bikes but does in a way.

Have any of you ever been working on the bike or car and had a young child suddenly appear and start asking questions?

The other week I was working on my bike in the garage and this little head pears round at me. Suddenly I get asked is that your bike. Not being an ignorant person I simply replied yes. Then he went away.

Well last night i was doing something to the car and this young grass hopper appears again, he can only be about 7.

Suddenly I felt like I was on question time.

Child:
What are you doing?
Is this your car?
Is it broken?
Is that your garage?
Look at my cut knees I fell on the road.
Who is in your car?

Me:
Do you ask lots of questions son?

At this point the girl is in the car wetting herself at this little boys barrage of questions.

But then he starts to follow me into my garage. Now im not the overly personal type but if I don't know you and you are in my garage I get uneasy as this is my space.

So I ask him to leave, so he doesn't hurt himself.

WHY?

Followed by another barrage of questions. as lovely as the child was and as much as I love an inquisitive nature. by god I was ready to walk away and leave half my car over the ground.

So have any of you had this and what is the best way to deal with them LOL.

Soldato
haha yea I have this all the time, I used to work on bikes out the front of the garage so much that I had people in the area asking if we did Servicing :D

The kids usually ask the usual questions like "how fast is that mr? and Which one is fastest" lol.

Ive not really found a way to get rid of them effectively though, usually just start the engine :p

Soldato
OP
haha yea I have this all the time, I used to work on bikes out the front of the garage so much that I had people in the area asking if we did Servicing :D

The kids usually ask the usual questions like "how fast is that mr? and Which one is fastest" lol.

Ive not really found a way to get rid of them effectively though, usually just start the engine :p

He asked my why I have a motorbike LOL. I enjoy riding them. Why though. Its fun. whats fun about it. I was scared to open my mouth lol.

A guy I used to work with did a lot of homers on cars. but usualy on the street as he didnt have a drive. he was saying that an Asian chap stood with his family for atleast 20 minutes asking him questions and referring back to when he had a car in x country they did this and that lol

Soldato
OP
Old guys are the best, talk to you about old Triumphs and Royal Enfields etc as if I used to ride them back in the day :p though they usually sign off with "You be safe on that" and be on their way.

The last meet I was at in Callander some old boy and his wife did that. Talking about how he purchased a brand new BSA. LOL

Looked like the spit fire pilot type

Associate
There are about 5-6 kids around here that are always playing down the side of my street. They always ask questions (normaly, how fast is it!) but one lad was asking where the gears are, clutch and brakes etc. For a 6ish year old he had a clued up head on his shoulders!

Bet the little bu**er was just working out how to nick it! :)

Soldato
OP
There are about 5-6 kids around here that are always playing down the side of my street. They always ask questions (normaly, how fast is it!) but one lad was asking where the gears are, clutch and brakes etc. For a 6ish year old he had a clued up head on his shoulders!

Bet the little bu**er was just working out how to nick it! :)

I had a guy asking me questions like that. What configuration the engine was how many gears it had what age it was how many cc.

Made me put the wheel lock and steering lock on promptly and now put the slide barrel bolts and locks on when the cars not in not just the main garage one. Seamed like a nice enough guy but made me wary as hell

Associate
I've had a group of kids come up to the garage as I was working on the bike and started nosing around, that very night I return home from a meal out with the missus in the car to find the garage door wide open and someone stacking my tools in a neat pile outside the door.

Nearly ran the bugger over before I chased him down the street! :D Luckily I returned at the time I did or the bikes and my tools may never have been seen again.

Associate
I've had a group of kids come up to the garage as I was working on the bike and started nosing around, that very night I return home from a meal out with the missus in the car to find the garage door wide open and someone stacking my tools in a neat pile outside the door.

Nearly ran the bugger over before I chased him down the street! :D Luckily I returned at the time I did or the bikes and my tools may never have been seen again.

Jeez, is this why you went to prison for 12 years? :p

Back
Top Bottom