what headphones do you own thread - i own dt150's :)

Associate
is that an amp? any good? price?

Its a good quality DAC, with a internal headphone amp that was originally designed with the HD650s. It drives the 650's nicely, and iv'e read a lot of reviews that compare it very closely to the Graham Slee Solo, one or two reviews state they can't tell much of a difference at all.

It cost me about £250 just over a year ago.:)

Soldato
Sennheiser HD25s here! Would recommend them for anything. Got them as an 18th birthday present off my parents when I was just getting into DJing. They've taken a lot of abuse in clubs, parties, in my record bag, on planes etc and they're still going strong, never had to replace a part and they're 9 and a half years old now! :)

Also got a pair of Sennheiser PC151s for gaming with on my PC and a pair of Sennheiser earphones for when I hit the gym! :)

Soldato
Sennheiser HD580.

Previously had Grado RS-1s. Massively overrated, emperor's new clothes basically.

Same. Superb aren't they, and like wearing the softest pair of slippers on your ears. I just need to replace the foam dougnnuts and inserts on them, but they're not cheap at £45. Still, mine have lasted me about 6 years so far.

Soldato
does anyone have an opinion on AKG K702 ? im wanting to get a pair before xmas

They apparently sound identical to the K701s (which I had a pair of recently, and sold). They're very detailed, but to the point of almost sounding artificial. Not much bass, pretty crap for metal/rock due to harsh highs (and will have you wishing they were a little less 'analytical'), relentlessly unkind to poorly recorded material and a bit flimsy. Very, very good for jazz, but simply awful for hip hop, electronica, rock, metal, drum & bass etc (basically anything with bass or lots of cymbals). I also found they had a weird plasticy resonance at certain frequencies, for instance when a rimshot was played, it sounded like somebody was tapping the earcup with something hard.

I saw a picture of some ages ago, and promised myself a pair. They were my holy grail for ages, but were ultimately rather disappointing to my ears.

Anyway, my current collection:

Sennheiser HD 650
Sennheiser HD 580
Beyerdynamic DT880/250
Jecklin Float Model One
UE Superfi 5
Sennheiser HD 25-1 (don't like these much)

Headphones I've sold:

Yamaha HP-1
Sennheiser HD 600
AKG K701
AKG K141

My favourite cans are my HD 650s. Bought these from a Headfier a couple of weeks back, and TBH they're amazing headphones. Very, very versatile and do a fantastic job with pretty much anything. Also bought the Beyers at the same time. Not made my mind up about them yet though, although they're easily the best built pair of headphones I've owned. Better low end detail than the HD 650s by a fair way, but sound a little constrained.

The best bang-for-buck headphones I've owned by absolutely miles are my Sennheiser HD 580s. You simply can't buy a better sounding pair of headphones for the ~£70 they go for (unless you happen upon one of those rare 'right place, right time' deals). The iteration I have (first version) are very close in sonic terms to the HD650s. They're also the comfiest headphones I've ever worn.

Last edited:
Associate
koss Portapro for when I'm away from home, the retro 80's look isnt for everyone but they're decent enough for the £17 odd paid. And Goldring DR150 indoors, were quite cheap and are nice and comfy.

Soldato
denon ach-751
shure se210

Sadly the wire on the denons got snagged when walking past something and now one earpiece doesn't work. :( Shame as they're night and day better than the shures. :( Might try fixing them or pick up another pair if I can find them online for £60 again.

Soldato
The D7000s are definitely my fave can. Managed to get them a bit cheaper second hand, but in as new condition.

So i have just bought myself a set of earsonic sm3, I must say they are very nice, excellent sound detail.

Have you tried filter modding your sm3?

I found the treble a bit recessed at stock, but after removing them I prefer the sound.

Soldato
For when I'm at my PC I have some Sennheiser HD555
sennheiserhd555.jpg

And for when I'm out and about I have some Sennheiser PX200 II
sennpx200ii.jpg

Soldato
The D7000s are definitely my fave can. Managed to get them a bit cheaper second hand, but in as new condition.

Have you tried filter modding your sm3?

I found the treble a bit recessed at stock, but after removing them I prefer the sound.

No just stock. I'm quite happy as straight out of the box, the treble seems better than my old se 530s. The only advantage for me for the se 530s was they seemed to have a wider sound, the sound on the sm3s seems very close together. Although that's how I remember it, although it was 2 weeks in-between listening to each one.

Soldato
I have Senn 555 for at home and gaming, though they are cracking (plastic on the sides)
I have Sony EX90 IEM which I no long use as they hurt my ears but they do have a lovely warm sound.
I now use Jays - QJays as my daily listen, fantastic clarity though lacking the rumbling bass of the Sonys, I'm still very happy with them as I can wear them for hours.

Back
Top Bottom