Vince Cable, David Cameron and Rupert Murdoch

Soldato
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-12059950

Does anybody else remember that around the time of the election Cameron met with Murdoch for private discussions aboard his boat. Does it not now seem painfully obvious what those discussions were about? Murdoch: 'You get me majority share in BSkyB, I will get you into power'. Given Cable has been taken off the BSkyB takeover decision what is the betting the new presider will be a... more favourable puppet? We often criticise how close big business is to the senate in USA law making, are we really so different? Is it right that a non-elected big shot should have so much power at a political level? Can justice and due process ever be held next to the sway of financial and political gain?

If this was a scheme towards the goal of acquisition by Murdoch, and the conclusion is the collapse of the coalition and Miliband is installed into power, then my hats of to him. Well played.

Caporegime
Its called democracy, get over it.

What do you expect to happen, kill all big business and every super rich persons ability to generate huge amounts of cash, yippee, they get bored with the UK and seek investment elsewhere, taking thousand of jobs, billions in tax and any new business and expansion elsewhere in the world......... that will certainly make life better for everyone in the uk won't it?

Labour = work against business, tax them till they take their crappy job and their billions in tax and go elsewhere...... huge debt as we can't afford what we're spending anymore

Conservative= work WITH business, decrease tax so its worthwhile creating more jobs, more jobs and more profit and more expansion equals billions MORE tax being pumped into the UK, more jobs, more money, less debt, woe is you who hate the rich man doing well.

I honestly couldn't give a monkeys, if it wasn't Murdoch it would be someone with less money and less tax being paid taking his place, thats the way of the world.

As for Vince Cable, complete moron who embarassed himself by thinking he's more powerful than everyone else.

Soldato

What do you expect to happen, kill all big business and every super rich persons ability to generate huge amounts of cash, yippee, they get bored with the UK and seek investment elsewhere, taking thousand of jobs, billions in tax and any new business and expansion elsewhere in the world......... that will certainly make life better for everyone in the uk won't it?

Labour = work against business, tax them till they take their crappy job and their billions in tax and go elsewhere...... huge debt as we can't afford what we're spending anymore

Conservative= work WITH business, decrease tax so its worthwhile creating more jobs, more jobs and more profit and more expansion equals billions MORE tax being pumped into the UK, more jobs, more money, less debt, woe is you who hate the rich man doing well.

I honestly couldn't give a monkeys, if it wasn't Murdoch it would be someone with less money and less tax being paid taking his place, thats the way of the world.

As for Vince Cable, complete moron who embarassed himself by thinking he's more powerful than everyone else.
Good post. Would read again. A+.

Permabanned

Do you have evidence of this ever happening?

I hear business, and their proponents, argue this almost every year without fail?

I think its about time someone calls their bluff.

I'm sure Mr Murdoch wouldn't walk away from this market at all.

Hmmm, when did these jobs go exactly?

The truth being, Labour and the Conservatives are way more alike than you seem to realise.

That's why taxes are increasing is it?

'Rich man' sucketh the money out of the economy, not back into it.

The rich poor divide is only going one way, quickly, and so far drip down economics has so far fallen flat on its face.

That's not really how markets work, but anyway..

Possibly about the most sensible thing you've said here.

Don
I think Cable will have to go over this, it's on a par with a judge telling the jury someone is guilty before the trial starts

Soldato
There is only one person in this who has been shown to have a personal bias - and he's a lib dem.

As far as I know the regulators have no problem with the deal, the EU has no problem with the deal. The fact is murdoch runs it anyway so what difference does it make?

It's just political now, because the press love to have a pop at murdoch. They should stop trying to influence the government and make papers people want to read.

Soldato
OP
As far as I know the regulators have no problem with the deal, the EU has no problem with the deal.

And yet, Cable found a legal recourse to block it. If there was no problem, there would be no legal recourse. Do you honestly believe the only single person to be against the growing assets of one man that literally has no rival is Cable, and his dog? This isnt Microsoft vs Apple. This is Murdoch vs The World

Last edited:
Permabanned
What do you mean prop them up?

To give a majority of votes, otherwise it would be a minority government.

Or a trully hung parliament.

Exactly what votes do you think would have been lost if there was no coalition, and instead a minority Con government?

Tution fees for a start..

Does it matter?

They are propping up the Tory led coalition.

Like it or not.

Soldato
So how many more times are the lib dems going to support policies the fundementally don't agree with in order to grab a tiny bit of power.

The problem here is that a lot of lib dem supporters tend to believe in honesty and integrity, it has come as a huge shock to them to see their leaders bend over for Mr Camoron and Ozzie.

It appears that Cable recognised this and was trying bolster support, unfortunately it probably made things worse.

As for Camoron and Murdock, trust me that is nothing compared to what goes on behind closed doors. I don't think it is acceptable, but history shows that it will always happen.

Man of Honour
Is anyone suprised ?

Vince Cable is an ex member of the Labour Party and more aligned to the old SDP rather than the Liberals.

He despises the likes of Rupert Murdoch and George Osborne but as long as he could serve to the public good then I wouldn't have cared.

Being snared by undercover reporters like he was makes him look like a complete buffoon and coupled with his student fee parliamentary vote going up and down more times than a tart's kex then I can't see how he will repair his reputation.

Permabanned
His reputation has been gutterlike for a while. Way before him appearing in his current guise, telling fibs to parliament... etc

It's the press who continue to present him as a fiscal guru - something he certainly isn't.

Soldato
To give a majority of votes, otherwise it would be a minority government.

Or a trully hung parliament.

Tution fees for a start..

Does it matter?

They are propping up the Tory led coalition.

Like it or not.

No they aren't, stop talking such utter rubbish:D, they are all in it together ( the tory party that is)

Nothing is happening that the tories don't want to happen.

It's all rather sad, I can see a break away lib dems forming SDP 2 perhaps.

Soldato
OP
It appears that Cable recognised this and was trying bolster support, unfortunately it probably made things worse.

edit: fact checking, brb :p

Ok i have no idea who controls the Daily Telegraph as they oppose the takeover, except that it is a Tory paper. And the comments by Cable were not disclosed willingly. They were not going to publish a full transcript and it was then leaked to the BBC giving the telegraph no choice. So it looks like, Murdoch buys Cameron, Cable opposes Murdoch, Cameron dethrones Cable.

edit: Bah no that doesn't work because it weakens the relationship between the telegraph and the conservatives. I would say its more likely the release of the transcript was an insider job

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom