Fuel up/down again

Caporegime
The blockades didn't bring the price down and made everyone suffer. I don't see how it is going to solve anything except further raise the price.

Caporegime
Don't be ridiculous. The billions made from road tax and fuel duty go back into maintaining the roads, so that they're always gritted and ploughed when needed and when potholes form, they're fixed within days, not weeks or months!

I hope thats sarcasm!

The blockades didn't bring the price down and made everyone suffer. I don't see how it is going to solve anything except further raise the price.

The blockades were lifted too soon. I should know, I was part of it.

Soldato
I just worked it out it's around £0.50p per litre over there it's crazy, when we go to our house over there our friends are always complaining how much is it over there they don't belive when I say it's £1.20 p/l over here.

Was bad in Canada when 30miles away petrol was half price :p

Caporegime
The blockades were lifted too soon. I should know, I was part of it.

I really don't agree with it, I think it makes the problem even worse, the men high up don't listen and I end up having to queue hours to get a tenners worth of unleaded for 20p per L more than what I would normally have to pay.

Caporegime
I really don't agree with it, I think it makes the problem even worse, the men high up don't listen and I end up having to queue hours to get a tenners worth of unleaded for 20p per L more than what I would normally have to pay.

The point is, had the blockades continued, even for a day or so longer, the "men high up" * Would have had to sit up & listen.

* Men in point being Blair iirc, so I use the term losely! :D

Ev0

Ev0

Soldato
A station naer me that is always pretty highly priced anyway had petrol at 128 and diesel at 133 last night.

They seem to change their prices numerous times a day though so can only think they bumped it up last night anyway to catch anyone out who needed a fill up late at night.

Soldato
The problem with the blockades was the hauliers were bought off very easily by giving them concessions on other tax. After that any fuel price demonstrations were only asking for discounts in fuel duty to road hauliers.

The demonstration we really need is by private motorists and in large numbers. I would love to see the Police try and remove thousands of private cars from the front of refineries and take terrorism charges against private citizens.

Soldato
Problem is that people don't really have the time to go and protest, as they need to be at working earning money to pay the never ending stream of taxes

Caporegime
Problem is that people don't really have the time to go and protest, as they need to be at working earning money to pay the never ending stream of taxes

Tell that to the tube workers who walk out because someone who ignored safety regulations was sacked by LU. They were more than happy to take the day off.

It's a case of people always leaving it up to other people to protest, it's just a never ending circle of apathy.

Caporegime
Same thing though, a group of people taking the day off without management authorisation and uniting for the sake of a single cause.

I think the truckers should just blockade government buildings instead or fill Whitehall/Millbank tip to toe with trucks.

Back
Top Bottom