Fuel up/down again

Soldato
As annoying as the price of fuel is, the price could double and I wouldn't stop driving. I'd maybe do less pointless miles but the freedom of having a car and my general hatred for public transport means there isn't much that would stop me feeding my cars petrol addiction.

Which is exactly why they keep pushing it up. Not criticising, the same myself. Well there is no public transport here.

Soldato
£1.22.9 for petrol at ASDA here, which is where I filled up.

Cheapest price I saw all day mind you, while driving around plenty of places selling at around 1.30, with BP taking the **** at 1.33 or smth

Funnily the ESSO that is usually stupidly expensive was at only 1.23.9 lol

Permabanned
anyone noticed the prices going up before the duty increase, the fuel companies are sickening, the government arnt helping, you can tell there are a load of tory pigs in power! they after all invented the fuel duty escalator

JRS

JRS

Soldato
the fuel companies are sickening

Shock as businesses try to make money!

What percentage of the pump price actually goes to the fuel company revenues these days? Maybe a third? Fuel duty is the main component of the pump price, followed by the product itself, then VAT (soon to go up of course!) and then the retailer maybe gets 4-5p per litre.

And then the fuel company pays tax on that 1/3rd of the pump price anyway as it's revenue. Direct your bile at the government, not Shell or Jet :)

Back
Top Bottom