Big Bike Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Soldato
I decided to upgrade to a full suspension bike after weekly visits to Glentress or Innerleithen have shown me the limitations of a hard tail especially when the other two people I go with now have full suspension bikes aswell.

The weather has only just started to clear enough to get out and I manged a couple of circuits of a park near me (Beecraigs if anyone is in central Scotland) hopefully I will get down to Glentress next week to give the bike a better workout.

I have not got many plans for it but once I am use to it I will probably upgrade the rear shock and I don't find the gear shifters great so will change them at some point as I prefer the action of the Shimano ones on my hard tail.

I didn't want to go overboard on my first FS bike and tried a few and settled for a 2010 Pitch Pro but I couldn't get one in medium as it was discontinued so went for the 2011 model which took over 3 months to arrive.

pp.jpg

Soldato
Awesome bike Dave, the pitch's are supposed tobe great bikes and that's a really nice colour you got there :)

I might be taking my HT to Glentress for the OcUK meet instead of my Enduro, you've almost put me off a bit now :D

Soldato
Seeing as I havent shown my bike I'd thought I'd do it now :p

Its nothing special, just built from a mix of 2nd hand and new bits and bobs. Got a Rockshox reverb on the way plus some new grips and then its nearly done.....until I find something else to change :D

IMGP3460.jpg

IMGP3458.jpg

IMGP3454.jpg

IMGP3453.jpg

Associate
Awesome bike Dave, the pitch's are supposed tobe great bikes and that's a really nice colour you got there :)

I might be taking my HT to Glentress for the OcUK meet instead of my Enduro, you've almost put me off a bit now :D

I was thinking exactly the same thing as I have a Kula HT, seems like it will be a bit tough for it.

Man of Honour

I was thinking exactly the same thing as I have a Kula HT, seems like it will be a bit tough for it.

Don't be such a pair of girls, you should be the faster around the trails on a HT most of Glentress is as smooth as a tarmac road (pre potholes) :p

Soldato
anyone cut their shimano hoses down ?

do i trust the shimano pdf that says it can be done without bleeding or do i buy a bleed kit/oil along with the new inserts and olives ?

Soldato
anyone cut their shimano hoses down ?

do i trust the shimano pdf that says it can be done without bleeding or do i buy a bleed kit/oil along with the new inserts and olives ?

Should be fine to do it without a bleed. Try keep the hose pointing up and that should do it.

I did drop a lever whilst doing this once though :(

Soldato
Don't be such a pair of girls, you should be the faster around the trails on a HT most of Glentress is as smooth as a tarmac road (pre potholes) :p

The trails over the last year have slowly required maintenance they have not received particularly the middle and bottom of the red route are very rutted and rough resulting in a bumpy ride on a HT. I suspect the bad winter weather will not help the conditions, back down on Thursday so I will find out !

Associate
Any preference for chains?
My shimano HG53 just fell apart yesterday.

I was thinking going for KMC as I hear good things, but there are so many mixed reviews and opinions about all makes and models I have found.

Thanks

edit

I ride in Malaysian jungles if that makes any difference
Image0218.jpg

Last edited:
Associate
shimano HG53 had one, worst chain ever ! fell to pieces doing Coed Y Brenin.

I replaced it with a Sram PC 991 hollow pin one, its always shifted well and holds onto lube fine. Doesn't seam to rust either.

What size is the trance ? I thought my 16inch Reign looked small, but that looks tiny !

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom