iPhone App for To-Do's?

Associate
Anyone got any good to-do type apps? I downloaded "Errands" but the big flaw is that it doesn't notify me about things to do. I will only do these errands if I keep checking the software.

Are there any apps that give you a notifcation on the main iPhone screen?

Soldato
Things is nice, a little pricey. I use Simpletask on both Mac and iPhone but no notifications, I just use it as a list. I just started using it because I can't be bothered to pay for Things for my Mac as well.

PR.

PR.

Associate
I'd stay away from Things, a ridiculous price for such a simple, if attractive app.

Personally I use Toodledo as a service but use the Todo app on the iPad and iPhone. You get notifications and the app is quite simple to use.

Associate
I have used most of them, and bar the fact that they haven't got their act together and got a cloud sync running, I still think Things is the best of the bunch...

( If you read their blog you'd think they were working on a new kind of revolutionary renewable energy or something, not just a cloud sync which could be done very easily through dropbox or similar like 1password do :rolleyes: )

But yeah, Things is still the top dog in my eyes, maybe Omnifocus as a close (but more expensive) second...

Soldato
Do not buy things! It's just very basic and for the price a total ripoff. It look's nice that's it. Check out 2Do, Omnifocus & pocket informant for todo apps that have the lot.

PR.

PR.

Associate
Comparatively ridiculous maybe, but £5.99 is sod all in most facets of life so I don't begrudge it on apps I like.

True, but I don't use anything on the iPhone or iPad unless it can sync the info in and out. I don't always want to use my iPhone to add tasks, and I don't always have it next to me. If I wanted Things on my iMac, iPad, and iPhone that's over £40, for a todo app, without cloud syncing, and if I'm using a PC at work, then I can't even refer to it!

Associate
Due to this thread, it got me thinking again... I'm actually running the 14 day trial of OmniFocus again now its matured a bit (2 years since I used it last) .

Syncing is obviously nice to have (although I'm doing it through mobileme and its no dropbox in terms of speed and reliability), and the biggest difference I am noticing it the much more hierarchical nature of everything... I may switch we'll see, but I'm liking it so far.

What is very obvious straight off is that you need to put some time into learning the software rather than just diving in but thats ok... the screencastonline tutorials are a good place to start :)

Associate
Right... now I've given OmniFocus a good look, its quite outstanding! - However its very important to understand that it is not a todo app, but a GTD app which is strongly based on the Dave Allen book "Getting Things Done" (ordered, should be here tomorrow... really getting into it all tbh :))

Still getting my head around the best way to use contexts and perspectives for my personal application but I'm getting there ;)

Soldato
Just a heads up Pocket Informant is down to £2.99 during MacWorld Expo. I can't decide to purchase this or whether to go Awesome Note. I'm a bit disappointed with Awesome Note Lite as you ordering a list ascending/descending by due date doesn't work :confused:

Back
Top Bottom