2011 Census soon!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Soldato
iirc it got enough people to put it down that it could legally claim to become a religion.
There were more Jedi's than Jews and Sikhs (possibly combined)
however it was false information that enough people putting it down would get it included on the next census (this was the promise of the campaign).
edit: oops, missed the last page and thus RDM's post.

On the subject of Lockheeds involvement, there will be a hell of a lot of legal wrangling involved.
Under US law anything deemed of interest or benefit to the US government on servers falling under US jurisdiction can be taken by the government.
However it's not like nobody is aware of this. There will be measures in place to prevent the data being accessible by the US government.
It's a very serious data protection and IP legal area, if someone was more inclined to than me I'm sure they could find out the information which would "obviously" set stockhausens mind at rest.

As an organisation we've recently been through the same predicament but on a much smaller scale, risking external hosting of researchers emails (by MS or Google) would have meant any groundbreaking discoveries could have been pinched by the US.

Last edited:
Caporegime
There were more Jedi's than Jews and Sikhs (possibly combined)
however it was false information that enough people putting it down would get it included on the next census (this was the promise of the campaign).

oh i never meant it would be included iic they would have to apply and show that a sufficiently large group worshipped etc had meeting places an all that jazz.

Soldato
Well, since the last census I am sure the number of pasty faced hooded persons aimlessly loitering around the place, occasionally performing some secret ritual, has increased greatly. So is that what they are then, Jedi knights and not druggies after all?

Soldato
lol at the people that are moaning about filling in the census. To those people, I point out that you have spent more time posting to moan about it and some unrelated nonsense than it would take to fill out the actual form.

Capodecina
Soldato
OP
lol at the people that are moaning about filling in the census. To those people, I point out that you have spent more time posting to moan about it and some unrelated nonsense than it would take to fill out the actual form.
I suspect that there may be a wee bit more of an issue than just the time taken . . . although you may be underestimating the time needed to craft credible but misleading replies, e.g.
  • misspelling your place of birth
  • getting your postcode wrong
  • muddling up the day and month of your birth-date
  • carelessly entering the year as 1948 rather than 1984
etc. ;)

Caporegime
So you're going to spend more time to answer wrong and still just be discarded as "to dim to fill out the form".

Although one good thing to come from this is the type of demographic that takes part in such a protest will be under-represented and thus not be catered to in future.

Soldato
If you don't fill it in I don't want to see you complaining about the relevance of political decisions on your life ever again...

I'll flick through it and make a solid effort, and I probably will write Jedi. That or "untheist".

Caporegime
I suspect that there may be a wee bit more of an issue than just the time taken . . . although you may be underestimating the time needed to craft credible but misleading replies, e.g.
etc. ;)

lolhausen

Whats the point in that ?

Man of Honour
iirc it got enough people to put it down that it could legally claim to become a religion.

The campaign certainly got a lot of people to claim to be Jedi and it would have merited a category rather than "Other" if it was accepted but the question was somewhat academic since aside from a few people no-one displayed any inclination to actually jump through the hoops to make it officially a religion.

etc. ;)

A cunning plan, almost worthy of Baldrick I feel. :)

Can I just write "I'M BATMAN!" in Christian Bales writing style and then send it back?

If you want to, I don't imagine anyone is going to be standing over you and slapping you for being silly about it. You might get a visit from some polite person asking why you've failed to fill it in correctly but more likely your response will simply be disregarded.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom