***The Official HTC Sensation thread***

Soldato
Tbh, despite the SG2 having 256Mb more RAM, im still gonna say the Sensation is the one to go for. Assuming the GPU in the sensation is comparable to Tegra2...

HTCs have always had better mod communities, and i know if i got the SG2 that at some point im gonna go 'hmm, wouldnt mind running android XXX now'. And with a SG2 i either wont be able to, it'll be a pain to do, or my ROM choices will be limited. Where as with the Sensation i'll have tons of choices & tons of ways to do it!

It'll be interesting to see the SIM free price..

On a different note, is the Desire S their 'next gen' 3.7" phone and the Sensation their 4"+ one?
As thats the only other thing that bothers me about the Sensation and SG2, is the fact that i prefer the 'size' of my Desire tbh.

Isn't the Incredible S quite harshly locked, eg to the point that over a month later it's still not fully unlocked/rooted (just from a quick google, could well be wrong)

If so that would imply the same will happen with the Sensation, SGS2 on the other hand I believe is using Kies/Odin again and should be if anything easier?

I dunno, could be completely wrong, but I think basing a decision now on possible custom rom availability down the line could be risky, best option in that case would be to wait until each has been out for a few days/weeks/months and see what one has the best support at that point...

Caporegime
Tbh, despite the SG2 having 256Mb more RAM, im still gonna say the Sensation is the one to go for. Assuming the GPU in the sensation is comparable to Tegra2...

HTCs have always had better mod communities, and i know if i got the SG2 that at some point im gonna go 'hmm, wouldnt mind running android XXX now'. And with a SG2 i either wont be able to, it'll be a pain to do, or my ROM choices will be limited. Where as with the Sensation i'll have tons of choices & tons of ways to do it!

You do know HTC have started hard-locking the bootloader... right? http://www.talkandroid.com/34418-htc-locks-incredible-s-bootloader-no-custom-roms/

Caporegime
not convinced with either of these, got the desire atm, [battery is poor atm]

sg2
looks bad,
people say it feels cheap,
best screen,

htcS
looks better,
feels better
shody camera
worse screen

neither sounds right to me, whats the point in hd video if its rubbish? and locked bootloadre?? :/

maybe ill keep the desire [non hd] i wont sign a new contract if i dont really want it, especially as the desire has an amoled screen and probably better battery life.. id rather one core and longer battery.. dont really have anything that has issues with the speed

what i want is
good screen.. very important [res and colours]
4in plus screen
24 hour battery
good build quality
better camera
unlockable
not iOS

Man of Honour
^ SE Arc? (if dual core isn't important)

Yep, he more or less just described the Arc.

I tried one today and I think its a superb bit of kit, if it was dual core I would have bought it there and then, but I do want dual core and I'm partial to a bit of SAMOLED for my screen :p

Associate
OP
I have an HTC Desire -non HD my brother has the Samsung Galaxy S, he has been staying with me for a few days now.
And I cannot help but notice how sharp and crisp and clear his screen is. the blacks are just that nice dark deep and black.
He put his phone on his dash and used it as a Sat Nav, I could see very clearly the street and the details. I put the same address into my phone and what a MAJOR disappointment yes I know that my screen is smaller but the image i got was made to look like a comic book.
So i really want to get me some of that Super AMOLED then i can tell my brother put to his phone away and let mine do the driving.
So its a SGS2 for me this round.

Caporegime
Looks nice actually the arc

Was just worried about the resolution being almost the same on the desire and how good the phone would be in the light

It's also 6 months old soon, and will be come upgrade time

Back
Top Bottom