Show us your TFT setups!!

Soldato
So i bought two more Dell 2407s and now :

Work:

play2b.jpg

workxng.jpg

Extended desktop over the centre and right hand side screen and works lappy (on a VGA Connection) on the left hand screen

Then

playvd.jpg

Full 5760x1200 goodness of desktop space and ready for some gheyming goodness :D

That's a really nice setup you have there. I have the same desk as you but different colour. Looking at your setup is giving my some very expensive ideas.:D

Soldato
That's a really nice setup you have there. I have the same desk as you but different colour. Looking at your setup is giving my some very expensive ideas.:D

Lol, and cheers :D

I recently decided to take the NZXT LED Cables out of the PC when puting the new fans in (cheers Khemist ;)) and thought id see what they looked like just draped over the back of the monitors (1 Blue and 1 White):

No LED
dsc06104c.jpg

White LED Only
dsc06105.jpg

Blue LED Only
dsc06106u.jpg

White and Blue LEDs
dsc06107b.jpg

And some different angles - both LEDs

dsc06108e.jpg

dsc06109i.jpg

dsc06111sf.jpg

Picture quality isnt great, so not the best representation, and they are all on the brightest of the three settings, but it really does give a nice ambiance when sat at the PC in the dark - I might just keep em there :p

Soldato
Lol, and cheers :D

I recently decided to take the NZXT LED Cables out of the PC when puting the new fans in (cheers Khemist ;)) and thought id see what they looked like just draped over the back of the monitors (1 Blue and 1 White):

White and Blue LEDs
dsc06107b.jpg

That looks awesome! I've currently got a standard desk light behind mine which gets a bit hot so I've been looking for a nice LED replacement, are those powered from the PC?

Soldato
That looks awesome! I've currently got a standard desk light behind mine which gets a bit hot so I've been looking for a nice LED replacement, are those powered from the PC?

Yeah they are each powered of a 4 pin molex - I've taken one of the connectors from the psu out through a pcie I/O slot so they are at the moment powered by the PC

I've been looking at some mains to 4 pin molex connectors - but with a bit of tiding up it's easier for me to power them from the PC :)

Last edited:
Associate
i wish my room was big enough to accomodate multiple monitors.. must say very jealous atm, but giving me ideas for my next build. well done everyone..most impressed with everyones efforts

Soldato

Yeah they are each powered of a 4 pin molex - I've taken one of the connectors from the psu out through a pcie I/O slot so they are at the moment powered by the PC

I've been looking at some mains to 4 pin molex connectors - but with a bit of tiding up it's easier for me to power them from the PC :)

I suppose powering them from the PC is a more elegant solution because when you shut it down/hibernate they automatically turn off?

Is yours a 2m or 1m cable?

Soldato
Hi - there both 2m cables and yeah they shut off whne the PC shuts off - they do come with the controller (ON / OFF and three brightness settings) and PCB on a PCI I/O so you can (if you want) pop them in spare slot(s)

:)

Caporegime
Hi - there both 2m cables and yeah they shut off whne the PC shuts off - they do come with the controller (ON / OFF and three brightness settings) and PCB on a PCI I/O so you can (if you want) pop them in spare slot(s)

:)

would kind of like to do this to mine with red, but wouldnt know how to go about it lol

Back
Top Bottom