Top Ten Mental Footballers

Soldato
WHERE IS DUNC?

one of my favourite football pictures ever. It is especially funny when you notice the Captain's armband!!:D

from Wikipedia-

Ferguson was noted for his aggressive and highly-competitive style of play, which resulted in nine red cards and a three month jail sentence following an on field assault of Raith Rovers John McStay in 1994.
Ferguson has had four convictions for assault - two arising from taxi–rank scuffles,[15] one an altercation with a fisherman in an Anstruther pub[15] and the most infamous: his on–field headbutt on Raith Rovers defender John McStay in 1994 while playing for Rangers, which resulted in a three month prison sentence. The first incident led to a £125 fine for butting a policeman, while the second resulted in a £200 fine for punching and kicking a supporter on crutches. He had been put on a year's probation for the third offence

I have never known of another player being arrested for something he did on the pitch!

Last edited:
Caporegime
I met Mick Harford a few years ago when he managed my local team, he seemed like a top bloke I had no idea he had made Vinnie Jones his bitch. :D

Last edited:
Soldato
7 - Garrincha
In Brazil, Garrincha is almost held in higher regard than Pele. Perhaps this is because those that saw him believe he was a better player. Perhaps it was because he performed so brilliantly with bowed legs. Or perhaps it was because Garrincha was a 24-carat loon. Sadly, this loonery was often not the sort you can really laugh at. Ruy Castro, Garrincha's biographer and author of the excellent 'Garrincha: The Triumph and Tragedy of Brazil's Forgotten Footballing Hero', described him as "the most amateur footballer professional football ever produced". The root of his problems was alcohol, which seemed to be the one constant in his life, and the only thing that ran booze close was women. He had more affairs than Frank Lampard has had hot dinners, and sired anywhere between 14 and 36 children by assorted women - nobody is really sure. He died a shell of a man in 1983, but the tales of both his off-field exploits and on-field brilliance will survive long after he did. Oh, and yes - he apparently did lose his virginity to a goat.

What the hell LOL

Associate
Where is Paul Gascoigne? Aside from his numerous drink/drug related antics, some of which involved comedy breasts, visits to the Priory Clinic and ridiculous hair extensions, surely his self appointed role as "negotiator"- armed with a carrier bag full of chicken legs and cans of lager - to lunatic gunman Raoul Moat, must rank him as a serious contender!.

Permabanned
OP
"It has been confirmed that the situation in Libya has gone from bad to worse, Gazza has just turned up with his fishing rod and a 4 pack"

:D

Associate
Where is Paul Gascoigne? Aside from his numerous drink/drug related antics, some of which involved comedy breasts, visits to the Priory Clinic and ridiculous hair extensions, surely his self appointed role as "negotiator"- armed with a carrier bag full of chicken legs and cans of lager - to lunatic gunman Raoul Moat, must rank him as a serious contender!.

Didn't he have a fishing rod too? :D

Soldato
Haha +1 for Robin Friday, I was going to be the pub bore that mentioned him before I saw him in the list, also famous for having pub fights and stripping off totally starkers first too.

Back
Top Bottom