Meeting a mates ex

Soldato
Won't 'advise' because I'm not in a position to, but I'll tell you what happened with me and you can take from it what you will....

Me and a guy were good pals. Knew his Mrs for the same amount of time, lovely girl.
She was his first love, in his eyes 'the one'. They split up as they were very young when they were together.

She went to uni, moved on, had boyfriends etc....
He joined the marines, moved on, had girlfriends etc...

Me and him used to meet up regularly, get drunk, moan about women etc.
Him and her had the same very tight friendship group from when they were kids and so saw each other quite frequently. Just as pals, most of the time while they had their own different partners, and still got on very well.

One night I go out with the pair of them and me and her have a 'spark'. Never really thought of her in that light before.
She texts me for drinks because we're both single, both bored and it's fun to go drinking with someone of the opposite sex.

Obviously after a few 'not really dates' we get to the point where we kinda want to start seeing each other. We both decide we shouldn't for our mutual friends feelings, but still like each other.
Eventually we decide that they'd been split up for over five years, had both had different partners since and why shouldn't we? So we did.

She tells him, he gets in a strop and doesn't want to be pals with either of us.

I can live with that, all's fair in love and war and all that.....
She doesn't feel so good about it, they have close mutual friends and it's all a bit difficult, but she's chosen me and she didn't regret it.....

A shame but it is what it is.....

Then a year or so later, the poor sod gets killed by his brother in a car crash, big genuine tragedy, very sad for everyone.
Our relationship has nothing to do with that crash, but because of the bad feeling prior to it happening she now feels super guilty. She clearly resents me because of the bad feeling between her and him that she now can't undo.
I can't really be around her friends because like I say, they were close mutual pals of him and her so they chose to blame me for the bad feeling between him and her, which again, isn't a problem to me, I don't like them anyway, but it's a problem to her which is another barrier in our relationship.

All in all it's a very griefy and awkward situation and sadly made all the worse by the tragedy.

There is no 'moral' to this story, it is what it is, and if it's useful to you then I'm glad it is.

Last edited:
Soldato
Stay away.

She will just use this to get your friend jealous. Women are notorious for going with a friend when they break up with to get back at ex-partner. I've had it done to me and i've had friends ex gfs come onto me. It will end in tears.

Last edited:
Associate
DO NOT do it, but if you cant keep your manhood in your pants, even when you have bashed it to oblivion and got teh sex elsewhere......have a serious sit down with your mate and explain yourself, If he says no you DO NOT DO IT

Soldato
Chris [BEANS];19009182 said:
There is no 'moral' to this story, it is what it is, and if it's useful to you then I'm glad it is.
Yes there is, don't swing your grass snake at your friends ex girlfriends!

A2Z

A2Z

Soldato
Never go for a mates ex. Its an unwritten rule. You clearly just want to bang this chick as opposed to anything serious. Just find someone else.

Soldato
Do it!!

Thread has potential!
edge.gif

Associate
get her to arrange a 3-some as part of the deal, smash her mate while she watches, leave her out... ticks all boxes?

Soldato
Bros before hoes is bs. As you get older, you and your mates will find women and see less of each other anyway. Such is life.

I say, take any opportunity presented to you and worry later. Anyone of insufficient maturity to move on and deal with you seeing their ex as a friend or more is a bit daft imo.

Soldato
Mate you need to think about your mate and who you want to be mate's with because you never know what mates you'll have left in the end mate. Mate, you will probably end alone considering your mate's ex mate's track record, mate.

Soldato
if he's your friend, stay away from his ex other than being a friend i'd say. you risk your friendship with your mate, but if you're not bothered by that work away

Soldato
1 is more important than 2.

1. Is she gorgeous, To the point if you missed a chance, You'd think about it and constantly regret it. Is she a possibility of getting with 1 of those 1 in a million type of girls. If so, Go for it.

2. He's your friend, is he going to hold a grudge and maybe fall out with you completely?

Back
Top Bottom