Matched betting - who's done it and who's good at it? (No Referrals)

Soldato
has anyone lost money doing this?

You can lose money if you make mistakes, which is probably quite easy when you are just starting. Backing and Laying different selections, laying wrong amounts, not reading T&Cs - that sort of thing. First few I did I properly triple checked and was certain it was fine before placing the bets. As long as you are sure you know whats happening and read up on it, should be fine. Also start with low liabilities so if you do make a mistake you only lose a little bit.

Also a risk of bets getting voided, palped, but that's very rare and generally shouldn't have a problem. There are ways to correct errors and minimise loss if you come across one. So far I have not made a mistake that has lost me money, touch wood.

Last edited:
Associate
OP
You can lose money if you make mistakes, which is probably quite easy when you are just starting. Backing and Laying different selections, laying wrong amounts, not reading T&Cs - that sort of thing. First few I did I properly triple checked and was certain it was fine before placing the bets. As long as you are sure you know whats happening and read up on it, should be fine. Also start with low liabilities so if you do make a mistake you only lose a little bit.

Also a risk of bets getting voided, palped, but that's very rare and generally shouldn't have a problem. There are ways to correct errors and minimise loss if you come across one. So far I have not made a mistake that has lost me money, touch wood.

Some very good advice, regardless of whether you're doing it manually or via an automatic website.

Soldato
What happens when you've done all the offers once, is that it? Or do they bring out new offers? Do you then need to register a gain with a different account for each offer?
I believe it's one offer per household - so I assume once the offers are done, you're done?

Associate
OP
What happens when you've done all the offers once, is that it? Or do they bring out new offers? Do you then need to register a gain with a different account for each offer?

The answer is...

Yes, once you have done the introductory offers - that's it. So I wouldn't give up your day job with this!

But they do bring out new offers for existing customers - usually to try and entice you to 'come back to them' like with any other retailer. You can also turn those into cash.

You can apparently (haven't tried this yet) do Euro-based offers to make more money. Personally, I'm trying to convince my parents to hand me over their details so I can so it on behalf of them - so hopefully double the profits!

Soldato
You can apparently (haven't tried this yet) do Euro-based offers to make more money. Personally, I'm trying to convince my parents to hand me over their details so I can so it on behalf of them - so hopefully double the profits!

Don't think I will tell my parents I do matched betting, as it will just be seen as gambling. :D

Soldato
You don't know the process or whether it works?

On another note, I'm set to make another £57 this weekend so fingers crossed!
Well I've given Fixtheodds a go - After a bit of research it seems that if you did it manually you could get about 10% more - but I got confused and for the sake of 10% I felt that I may as well go automated :p

Did my first bet with Skybet yesterday - It finishes tonight at 17:00 and after that I assume I do the free bet matched bet and that's where I get the winnings :)

All looks fairly well done makes it very easy! 15 minutes of work and it looks like I should be set for a £7.50 win - and that's only the first one :)

Caporegime
Well I've given Fixtheodds a go - After a bit of research it seems that if you did it manually you could get about 10% more - but I got confused and for the sake of 10% I felt that I may as well go automated :p

Did my first bet with Skybet yesterday - It finishes tonight at 17:00 and after that I assume I do the free bet matched bet and that's where I get the winnings :)

All looks fairly well done makes it very easy! 15 minutes of work and it looks like I should be set for a £7.50 win - and that's only the first one :)

How long did it take you to get a confirmation email from Fixtheodds?

Back
Top Bottom