Asus Padfone

Associate
This isn't even innovation. Why can't people just make a good all round solid tablet to compete with the iPad?

They're just dumping out everything else they can think of.

Soldato
That's because no one asked for it.:p

:confused:

Dockable computing is the basis of many companies long term strategy.

Edit:

The vid reminds me of...
lopanj.jpg

Last edited:
Permabanned
This is a combination of the pad and phone.

padfone *giggles and laughs*

:/ lmao... whatever next

PS I think for the Asus Transformer they should have added the phone into the tablet then into a laptop!!!! that would be some device!

Last edited:
Soldato
^ Apparently the padfone *giggles like a small girl* will be compatible with the transformer dock, so yes it can be a phone... in a tablet... in a netbook... :)

(shame it's one of these 'concept' releases for 2012, I wanted another option this year :()

Man of Honour
Just thought of one problem though. Phones need charging so often. When would you charge it. I usually have the phone plugged in when using the tablet and when out have the tablet charging.

Soldato
But then that requires a cable to the tab. Or run down the tab battery much faster.

It'll be like the transformer which has another battery in the keyboard which charges the tablet. Actually this could potentially get silly long battery life (say 8 hours for the phone, then put it in the tablet and get another 8, then put that in the netbook and get yet another 8:eek:).

Man of Honour
The phone battery will be small compared to the tabs battery. You still need time to charge it all though. I suppose it depends how much you use it. Will have to see how it works, but I can see it being a problem.

Soldato
Interesting....where did you hear this from?

Asus promised full compatibility with all similar future devices a while back. All they need is the proprietary connector/locking holes to be identical on the tablet part, the rest is virtually identical hardware/software.
(the keyboard dock gets firmware updates too)

asus-padfone-flat.jpg

Back
Top Bottom