Wii U

Soldato
http://www.joystiq.com/2011/06/07/wii-u-is-1080p-has-hdmi-out-internal-flash-memory-sd-and-usb/

While Nintendo was blowing minds this morning with the announcement of its new console, the Wii U, the company's Japanese press site was quietly releasing all the juicy specs of the upcoming machine that we hunger for. As mentioned during the presser, the console will output games in high definition, now revealed as ranging from 480i to 1080p. Moreover, the Wii U will output HD by employing HDMI.

As far as internal storage goes, it's still unclear whether or not the Wii U will come packed with an HDD, but the specs sheet does amorphously detail "internal flash storage," as well as an SD slot and the ability to use USB storage. Notably, the list points out that the USB storage will allow for external HDDs. And while the disc slot gives us the impression that Wii U games will be disc-based, Nintendo has yet to reveal its medium of choice.

Associate
Indeed.

It's already been 10/11 years now for the PS2 and it still has some games released for it, even if they are shovelware.

PS3 support still has 4/5 years left.

Is that really a good comparison? The PS2 dominated the market back then and had a healthy install base over those years, the PS3 has done much worse than the 360 or Wii so I'm having a hard time figuring out how they'll string things along for those extra years without being further marginalised.

Soldato
Developers THQ have confirmed that the Wii U is more powerful than PS3 (to be expected due to the technology gap).

IBM is rumoured to have dropped hints about the IBM cpu in Wii U as based on design elements used in the Watson Supercomputer.

Soldato
Developers THQ have confirmed that the Wii U is more powerful than PS3 (to be expected due to the technology gap).

IBM is rumoured to have dropped hints about the IBM cpu in Wii U as based on design elements used in the Watson Supercomputer.

Seen the supercomputer chat :p

Nice to see a Developer mention the power though ;)

Associate
Am I the only one who thinks that the Wii-U is true next gen?

I mean look at what you can do with the controller take your games from the tv onto the controller which I would find pretty dang useful for when I want to have the football or ice hockey in the backround and can lay on my bed instead of sitting at my desk with the console plugged into the monitor.
I think that this will be a lot better than the first Wii because you will have all the great nintendo titles and some of the best 3rd party titles which will be on the 360 and ps3 as well.
I just hope that this think doesn't cost too much.

Back
Top Bottom