*** The Brand New Post An Image Of Your Desktop Thread ***

Caporegime
how do you completely hide the task bar and have rocket dock instead?
can someone show me a guide on setting up rainmetre? :D

If you install taskbar eliminator and set it to hide the task bar, it'll be gone. It can be easily toggled with Alt + T.

As for rain meter, it's not that easy to configure, but with a bit of practice/trial and error you can do most things. For example, just by playing with the code i've got it displaying all 4 cores utilization :)

4core.png

Last edited:
Soldato
I did the same mate got all my 4 cores showing its just a matter of copying and pasting the code for one core and changing the "core number" in all the relevent code, like you say its just about having a play around kinda easy once you have mastered it

Soldato
Widoze

Untitled-1.jpg

BTW Anyone know of any rainmeter skins that change colour if your temps are high ?

I haven't got it on me as I'm on my laptop at home, but the rainmeter script I wrote at home could do this....

If you know any of the basics of Rainmeter it's not too hard.

Basically set up your measures to get the temps (normally through speedfan as this works well with Rainmeter)

Then do something like
Code:
[MeasureGPUTemp]
Measure=Plugin
Plugin=Plugins\SpeedFanPlugin.dll
Speedfantype=Temperature
Speedfanscale=C
Speedfannumber=1 (or whatever the number for GPU is)
IfAboveValue=80
IfAboveAction=!execute [RainmeterHideMeter MeterNormalTemp][RainmeterShowMeter MeterHotTemp]

[MeterNormalTemp]
MeasureName=MeasureGPUTemp
Meter=String
X=Whatever you want
Y=Whatever you want
FontEffectColour=0,0,0,255
Text=%1

[MeterHotTemp]
MeasureName=MeasureGPUTemp
Meter=String
X=Whatever you want
Y=Whatever you want
FontEffectColour=0,0,0,255
Text=%1

I'm not actually sure if that's right - it has been a while since I actually configured my own skin...

But the basic theory is there...

Run the Speedfan plugin to get the temperature
Do an IfAboveAction on that temp and set your limit to what you decide is 'too hot.' When above that temp hide the meter that you've set up as the cold colour meter, and show the one that is the hot colour meter.
Have the two meters that use the value and display it - one in hot colour - one in cold.

This is fairly simple (in my opinion) to do, I'll try and keep an eye on this if you need more help, but if not drop me something in Trust if I forget about this in the next few days

kd

Soldato
Here we go :)

Code:
[MeasureCPUTemp1]
Measure=Plugin
Plugin=plugins\speedfanplugin.dll
SpeedFanType=Temperature
SpeedFanNumber=12
SpeedFanScale=C
IfBelowValue=#HighCPUTemp#
IfBelowAction=!Execute [!RainmeterHideMeter  TempCore1Bad][!RainmeterShowMeter TempCore1Good]
IfAboveValue=#HighCPUTemp#
IfAboveAction=!Execute [!RainmeterHideMeter TempCore1Good][!RainmeterShowMeter TempCore1Bad]

[TempCore1Good]
Meter=String
MeasureName=MeasureCPUTemp1
Text="Core1: %1C"
FontFace=#MFont#
FontColor=#FColour#
Fontsize=10
StringStyle=Bold
X=235
Y=808

[TempCore1Bad]
Meter=String
MeasureName=MeasureCPUTemp1
Text="Core1: %1C"
FontFace=#MFont#
FontColor=#WarnColour#
Fontsize=10
StringStyle=Bold
X=235
Y=808

Depending on the version you're using you might have to change a couple of bits... Haven't kept as up to date with the newer versions as perhaps I should have done...

Anyway yeah the above works :)

Change the variables to whatever best suits your skin :)

Copy and paste as many times as you want so it best suits however many cores etc... you have, and just change the numbers in the titles to 2 or something (so something like this)

Code:
[MeasureCPUTemp2]
Measure=Plugin
Plugin=plugins\speedfanplugin.dll
SpeedFanType=Temperature
SpeedFanNumber=13
SpeedFanScale=C
IfBelowValue=#HighCPUTemp#
IfBelowAction=!Execute [!RainmeterHideMeter  TempCore2Bad][!RainmeterShowMeter TempCore2Good]
IfAboveValue=#HighCPUTemp#
IfAboveAction=!Execute [!RainmeterHideMeter TempCore1Good][!RainmeterShowMeter TempCore1Bad]

[TempCore2Good]
Meter=String
MeasureName=MeasureCPUTemp2
Text="Core2: %1C"
FontFace=#MFont#
FontColor=#FColour#
Fontsize=10
StringStyle=Bold
X=235
Y=808

[TempCore2Bad]
Meter=String
MeasureName=MeasureCPUTemp2
Text="Core2: %1C"
FontFace=#MFont#
FontColor=#WarnColour#
Fontsize=10
StringStyle=Bold
X=235
Y=808

Seems I was pretty close with the version above anyway :)

kd

Last edited:
Associate
Just re doing mine at the moment.

Does anyone have a link, or could provide me with the complete folder for the StacksDocklet V2? The download links are mostly dead. The ones that work, are for the installer, which fails to find the server for download. I think someone has posted the contents on the Aqua-Soft forums, but feel a bit of a fraud registering just so I can download one file. :p

Back
Top Bottom