German Grand Prix 2011, Nürburgring Circuit - Race 10/19

Soldato
Am I the only person massively disappointed in the races coverage? I don't think I ever saw what happened between Heidfeld and DiResta, I seemed to be watching Vettel trying to catch Massa for most of it!

I know the front of the grid is where the points are so that's why the majority of it is on TV but there was so much action I felt that was missed out on from midrunners.
Bit gutted Ricciardo was infront of Chankdok too! but first full race in a year was pretty good going to get it home in one piece!

Caporegime
Remember cooler temps also helped McLaren , wasnt this fact just as important?

Ie whether the tyres are more or less durable, as long as the temps are cool the McLaren will do well ?

So ***** off for JB - if it wasnt for a car failure and the ***** up of a pitstop at Silverstone he would be still be ahead of Lewis in the standings - at least 25 points dropped if not more in two races (*********** McLaren :mad::mad::mad:)

Am I missing something, he was at best going to get 4th at Silverstone but if he was underfueled as much as Hamilton as he was slowing as much as Hamilton during the previous stint, then Massa would probably have caught and passed him so could easily have been as low as 6th, so max 12 points, maybe 8, and yesterday he was on course for another 6th at best, after a crap race, so for me had he had neither failures, he would be at best 20 points better off, probably get at least 16, could have made a mistake and got nothing.

Thats assuming Massa hadn't pitted when Button's wheel came off at Silverstone, had to tell from the highlights where everyone was as everyone was pitting around him, even if he came out at full speed he was clearly going to be behind Hamilton, who was behind Vettel, Massa was ahead of them but I assume hadn't pitted.

Button got all the luck going his way at Canada and none in the last two races, I never see you complain when Hamiltons luck doesn't go his way. If Button hadn't knocked Hamilton off, he'd probably be even further back than he is now.

Thats life. He'll have more races with good luck, and more with bad, so will just about everyone up and down the grid, only with the back 2-3 cars a good/bad luck day makes pretty much no difference :p

Associate
Remember cooler temps also helped McLaren , wasnt this fact just as important?

Ie whether the tyres are more or less durable, as long as the temps are cool the McLaren will do well ?

So ***** off for JB - if it wasnt for a car failure and the ***** up of a pitstop at Silverstone he would be still be ahead of Lewis in the standings - at least 25 points dropped if not more in two races (*********** McLaren :mad::mad::mad:)

Definitely a real shame for Button, he deserves more points and has had a great season, if you put saturday's quali to one side, but I generally dont agree with these sentiments.

Didn't Button retire from 5th and 6th? My memory is fuzzy but that sounds about right. That's 18 points rather than 25 or more that he lost. You could say he could have made up places from there, but equally he could have lost places from there, especially at silverstone where he might have had to fuel save like Hamilton.

Similarly people talk about Monaco last year as terrible luck but he was running in 11th when he retired, and it's almost impossible to score significant points from there.

It sounds like I'm picking on Button here, but usually every driver gets a bit of bad luck during the season, and a couple of DNFs from mediocre scoring positions isn't that bad.

edit: looks like I got beaten to this post by drunken

Caporegime
Am I the only person massively disappointed in the races coverage? I don't think I ever saw what happened between Heidfeld and DiResta, I seemed to be watching Vettel trying to catch Massa for most of it!

The director was shocking. Replays were late if they showed up at all, good action was ignored to follow other drivers. All in all, it was poor.

And dannyjo - the tyres were the same as they have been all season, stop with the FIA conspiracy theory, its boring.

Caporegime
And dannyjo - the tyres were the same as they have been all season, stop with the FIA conspiracy theory, its boring.

Almost as boring as you constantly trying to make this personal, I added a wink because I was joking that's why I used the wink. You mentioned the tyres were the same after my post, why did you feel the need to repost it again despite me not mentioning it again? 8.22 I posted that you replied at around 12 and felt the need to say it again. Did you stew on that for 8 hours:confused:

Please either grow up or use the ignore feature.

As for the tyres thanks for clearing that up, obviously the commentary team got it wrong as well.

Deleted member 651465

D

Deleted member 651465

Lewis did nothing but ease Webber off the racing line, forcing Webber to either 1) brake or 2) go off track.

It's been happening for years, and this wasn't even a bold example :confused:

Senna and co. did much worse "back in the day". I think it's part and parcel of the racing. Outright crashing in to people is a different matter, but I think this is getting blown out of proportion now.

Soldato
both drivers have dropped 2 races worth of points in 1 way or another.

thats as maybe - but LH is all his doing , JB couldnt have done anything about either :)

Same as last year at Monaco for example.

Exactly - but pointing this out to people who cant see past LH being awesome doesnt get anywhere (and yet they were pretty close in points last season - and pretty close until two dnf's for JB, as discussed, recently)

Last edited:
Caporegime
As for the tyres thanks for clearing that up, obviously the commentary team got it wrong as well.

It was widely publicised that the more durable tyre was only used on Friday. They even had Eddie go down to Pirelli and confirm live on air during the race that they were the same as all season :confused:

Don't quite get the 'personal' comment? If you didn't consistently post tripe, people wouldn't consistently pick you up on it.

Soldato
Am I missing something, he was at best going to get 4th at Silverstone but if he was underfueled as much as Hamilton as he was slowing as much as Hamilton during the previous stint, then Massa would probably have caught and passed him so could easily have been as low as 6th, so max 12 points, maybe 8, and yesterday he was on course for another 6th at best, after a crap race, so for me had he had neither failures, he would be at best 20 points better off, probably get at least 16, could have made a mistake and got nothing.

Thats assuming Massa hadn't pitted when Button's wheel came off at Silverstone, had to tell from the highlights where everyone was as everyone was pitting around him, even if he came out at full speed he was clearly going to be behind Hamilton, who was behind Vettel, Massa was ahead of them but I assume hadn't pitted.

As always lol

1) Whitmarsh himself said after Silverstone - they should have got 2nd and 4th and seeing as JB was challanging MW right uip to that pitstop quite easily Im not sure why he couldnt have got 2nd

We will never know how much if at all JB was underfueled - but who says he was at all? Just because McLaren went with one strategy from 10th doesnt mean from 5th? they would have fuled JB the same (in fact its unlikely for many reasons)

Yesterday he was catching Vettel hand over fist (a second a lap for last 5 or so laps before hydraulics went) so he could have got a 4th - esp with theoretically one less stop (going 25 laps per tyre set as apposed to 15 or so)

Definitely a real shame for Button, he deserves more points and has had a great season, if you put saturday's quali to one side, but I generally dont agree with these sentiments.

Didn't Button retire from 5th and 6th? My memory is fuzzy but that sounds about right. That's 18 points rather than 25 or more that he lost. You could say he could have made up places from there, but equally he could have lost places from there, especially at silverstone where he might have had to fuel save like Hamilton.

Similarly people talk about Monaco last year as terrible luck but he was running in 11th when he retired, and it's almost impossible to score significant points from there.

It sounds like I'm picking on Button here, but usually every driver gets a bit of bad luck during the season, and a couple of DNFs from mediocre scoring positions isn't that bad.

edit: looks like I got beaten to this post by drunken

He was challanging MW DIRECTLY at the pit stops - and MW as we know (while unable to) was going for 2nd at Silverstone - so its quite feasable JB would at least have been ahead of Mark, and potentially Vettle too given JB's speed in latter stages of most races recently

I also thiink he was on one less stop than most yesterday - given the 25 lap stint he did at the start - so again he would have been challanging if not past Vettel yesterday

Certainly over 20 - but potentially 25+

Monaco is difficult for sure, but he could have also used the most significant car differences more easily against the lower top ten cars to gain decent points (and Spa where he was taken out by SV from 2nd / 3rd at worst)

Bad luck is one thing - but Hamilton seems to make his own bad luck, where as its gifted to JB from those around him lol

Last edited:
Caporegime
It was widely publicised that the more durable tyre was only used on Friday. They even had Eddie go down to Pirelli and confirm live on air during the race that they were the same as all season :confused:

Don't quite get the 'personal' comment? If you didn't consistently post tripe, people wouldn't consistently pick you up on it.

No It's just you, unlike others you can't debate the point like an adult. You get all agressive, where as I prefer to debate my views without all the niggle. You don't agree with my posts fair enough but either stop acting like your on your period or use ignore.

I'm sorry I missed a section of the coverage, I do hope it's ok with you that I heard Martin I think it was say they had a more durable tyre and missed the clarification later. Sorry for not watching every second like my life depended on it.

What a bundle of fun you are.

Caporegime
No It's just you, unlike others you can't debate the point like an adult. You get all agressive, where as I prefer to debate my views without all the niggle. You don't agree with my posts fair enough but either stop acting like your on your period or use ignore.

I'm sorry I missed a section of the coverage, I do hope it's ok with you that I heard Martin I think it was say they had a more durable tyre and missed the clarification later. Sorry for not watching every second like my life depended on it.

What a bundle of fun you are.

Nothing to do with having to watch every second of the race. Its simply a suggestion that you should check your evidence is factual before you start posting conspiracy theories.

I have no issue with people making good arguments and good discussion. I have issue with people stating their opinion as fact and using it as evidence in an argument. If you don't like me picking up on it, then maybe you should ignore me. I don't see any issue with my posts however. You clearly have a thing against Hamilton ever since the whole engine map and EBD thing that you decided was a conspiracy to slow down Red Bull, and you were simply wrong in stating that the tyres were more durable, regardless of any conspiracy talk. If anyone else posted it I would pick them up on it too.

Caporegime
Fair enough but I'm not posting anything as fact only opinion, like most people on here. I don't have anything against Hamilton I was whinging about cutting the road off on this forum before Hamilton was a contender.

I'm a Button fan but have said many times Hamilton is a good level up on him especially this year. Yet somehow I hate him because I don't think everything he does is wonderfull.

EBD so what in my opinion they thought it would slow down RB. Others thought that too so what. People have banged on here about the Ferrari International Assistance for years like it's fact. Doesn't bother me.

Nearly every post on this forum is opinion and feeling rather than fact. You called Alonso recently a cheat and a racist surely that's not factual ;)

Again I didn't post the tyre thing as anything other than a joke, again hence the wink. I really do not take any of it that seriously, well other that overtaking manners :D

Soldato
I think all conspiracy theories, including the Ferrari International Assistance and how the FIA attempted to slow down RBR...is nothing more than opinion.

But hey, that's what makes it fun. Some people believe it...some don't. It creates argument, debate and discussion.

I firmly believe that the FIA were attempting to manipulate the title race by feeling out a method to slow down the RBR car.

There are still plenty of races left this season and there is still time for the FIA to intervene with some form of rule change or clarification. Who knows, if Vettel's lead is not eroded away quickly, they may look to ban the flexi wing which RBR are allegedly using.

Some times I think that people on this forum take things far too seriously and need to chill out. If your views conflict with some body else's - big deal. It'll have zero impact on your "actual" life and if someone really p's you off, quietly put them on ignore. Nobody need ever find out and everybody's happy ;)

Back
Top Bottom