MOTO GP 2011

Associate
I enjoyed the race. Some good moments but like you I was asking where the Yamaha's were and why Spies wasn't on the podium. Credit to Casey and Honda for doing really well. He made it look really easy.

Happy 50th Yamaha

Last edited:
Soldato
What a boring race.

It makes me angry how much faster those Hondas are.:mad:

was a bit. lead up to it was much better (practice/qualifying etc). fair play to Casey tough. Lorenzo on podium after being discharged from hospital day before is impressive. :)

Given the depth of the field - i was expecting spies to be a regular podium man now that he has a factory bike. Cal is having issues too unfortunately. :(

Soldato
was a bit. lead up to it was much better (practice/qualifying etc). fair play to Casey tough. Lorenzo on podium after being discharged from hospital day before is impressive. :)

Given the depth of the field - i was expecting spies to be a regular podium man now that he has a factory bike. Cal is having issues too unfortunately. :(

I think Spies could have been up there, but was held up a bit by Rossi.

I wonder how much weight has to do with things. It must make quite a difference when you're lugging an extra 15-20kg more than the repsol boys.

Soldato
Just back from Laguna. I actually sat on Lorenzo's M1. The real deal, not a replica. Didn't want to get off ! The USA GP's are a lot more organised than in the UK. Much more impressive. Laguna is an awesome track / area !

Soldato
Didn't they say during the MotoGP that Josh Hayes pole position for the superbike race would have out qualified Ben Bostroms MotoGP qualifying time?
:)

Probably not the bike, but more due to Bostrom not being familiar of the beast that is a MotoGP bike.

One thing that is so evidently different is the noise between the Superbikes and the MotoGP bikes. The MotoGP bikes actually HURT your ears. They are crazy loud. When the superbikes came on it was probably about half the volume. They were like toy bikes in comparision. I've not been to a MotoGP race since Donnington back in 2004, since living in the USA, can make following the races at the 'actual' tracks a little challenging! but they are much louder today than they were in the past. All out and brutal.

Soldato
Congrats to Stacey and Adriana on their future child.

At least there will be plenty of spare dummies around when Stacey spits his out.:D

Soldato
Two excellent races so far with the 125's and Moto2's...lets hope the MotoGP isn't a snooze fest...

Unfortunately with Stace running away with the championship, it is starting to become all a bit dull. (Reminds me of the mid 90s Doohan yrs, Aussie on the Respol, no one getting close... BORING) To me Brno was a bit of a make or break for Lorenzo. I know it's still only 32points, but I think we'll see that extend rather than shrink. Honda is just too strong this yr. + with Rossi out of the equation, makes it less exciting. Something in MotoGP needs to change otherwise it'll become the dullfest it was during the mid to late 90's.

Soldato
Incredibly dull race this weekend. Fastest rider (if he's out front) on the fastest bike = boredom.

Tempted to not even bother watching the rest of this season now and just wait for the 1000's next year to hopefully shake it up a bit. I can't remember a motoGP where there has been so little overtaking. I don't know if its just the bikes or the characters - no one seems able or willing to stuff their bike down the inside and hope for the best anymore.

I want races like this again dammit!

http://www.metacafe.com/watch/138420/moto_gp/

Soldato
OP
GP has been pretty boring now :(

Bautista is doing well though last few races!
Yesterday was quite odd with the 3 ducatis not finishing because of front end/tyre issues which they all suffer from.
Rossi appeared to be coasting round for a while and looking for the pits then decided to carry on? Charged up the field quite a bit as well.
Spies did awesome to gain so much ground after being forced from 2nd to 10th within 3-4 corners as well, shame as he was the only one really getting close to Stoners times.

I fear for next season if Rossi/Ducati do not sort that bike out because it will become very boring if its Stoner on his own again with little competition.

Soldato
Rossi appeared to be coasting round for a while and looking for the pits then decided to carry on?

Read on Twitter that Rossi had a problem with the gearbox on his bike, kept giving him false neutrals hence the run-ons. Was an awful day for the factory Dukes though...anyone else think the fact that the circuit was so hard on their tyres was the reason Bautista was going so well on the Suzuki?

Back
Top Bottom