*** OcUk 2011 Distributed Computing Competition ***

Soldato
OP
Stop Press : Mr BaBa has just donated £100
to be won as OcUk gift vouchers and added to the prize fund, on top of the hardware donations allready promised - well done that man and thanks on behalf of everyone who will be participating :D:D

Prize List Updated

Soldato
The only success I've had in a competition was when I was 10, when I won one of the runners up prizes of a computer game (Sensible Soccer, for the record). The first prize was a PC, which I didn't have and was therefore the reason for entering the competition. So I ended up with a computer game and no computer to play it on.

Anyway, I'm in it to win it :) Seti, of course :D

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
The only success I've had in a competition was when I was 10, when I won one of the runners up prizes of a computer game (Sensible Soccer, for the record). The first prize was a PC, which I didn't have and was therefore the reason for entering the competition. So I ended up with a computer game and no computer to play it on.

Anyway, I'm in it to win it :) Seti, of course :D

Sensible Soccer ahh the memories :)
Seti of course duly entered and the best of luck to you sah :D

Soldato

:D I can imagine the excitment followed by the dissapointment :(:p

I can't remember ever winning anything in a competition!

Soldato
OP
I remember doing folding a while ago. May aswell get back into it.

And prizes are always good.

In it to win it!

Welcome back to the fold Ahleckz! :D
Things in folding have changed a fair bit, a lot easier with one download of the new client etc.
Check out the Folding@home setup guide

http://forums.overclockers.co.uk/showthread.php?t=18204220

Any questions or problems drop your question into the latest edition of Folding@home news and people will be more than happy to help out!

Duly entered and the best of luck to you :D

Soldato
I'd like to declare myself "in it to win it" :) as a fairly new member of the OcUK Boinc team. After trying many different projects I've settled on Rosetta@home for now, which seems best suited for my hardware (CPU only).

BTW crunching as jondi_hanluc :)

Soldato
OP
I'd like to declare myself "in it to win it" :) as a fairly new member of the OcUK Boinc team. After trying many different projects I've settled on Rosetta@home for now, which seems best suited for my hardware (CPU only).

BTW crunching as jondi_hanluc :)

Hi Hanluc good choice of project and welcome to the club so to speak :D
Duly enetered and the very best of luck to you :)

Soldato
It takes a bit of time sometimes, if they are working on the servers or something there can be outages, what project are you running? There is a shortage with seti at the moment and climate prediction nothing has come through for me in the last couple of days. Rosetta is fully stocked though :)

Associate
In it to win it :) I am a n00b so don't hurt me...

Anyone not getting any work? status has just said "Communication deferred" for ages for me.

if you mean seti yes, this is from the news section on the s@h website

News

work generation temporarily halted
The RAID that holds our raw data is down, so the splitters have nothing to work on. New work generation will be at a trickle until this is fixed. 19 Aug 2011 | 16:59:10 UTC · Comment

Back
Top Bottom