slow bt line ?

Soldato
i am sick fed up of my bt braodband , adsl max is the best we get at our exchange as its not 21cn enabled but youtube videos always buffer every few seconds , and you can forget hdcontect ! here is my stats i have asked for interleaving to be turned off as well any suggestions?

ADSL Line Status
Connection Information
Line state: Connected
Connection time: 0 days, 04:45:20
Downstream: 7.938 Mbps
Upstream: 448 Kbps

ADSL Settings
VPI/VCI: 0/38
Type: PPPoA
Modulation: G.992.1 Annex A
Latency type: Interleaved
Noise margin (Down/Up): 6.7 dB / 28.0 dB
Line attenuation (Down/Up): 38.3 dB / 21.5 dB
Output power (Down/Up): 19.9 dBm / 12.4 dBm
FEC Events (Down/Up): 3701367 / 33
CRC Events (Down/Up): 5670 / 20
Loss of Framing (Local/Remote): 0 / 0
Loss of Signal (Local/Remote): 0 / 0
Loss of Power (Local/Remote): 0 / 0
HEC Events (Down/Up): 30578 / 30
Error Seconds (Local/Remote): 530 / 29

Hide details

Associate
I'm on BT these are my line stats and I'm about 1.5 miles from the exchange

stats.jpg

Soldato
OP
screw bt and there heavy traffic shapeing , is there any isp that doesnt traffic shape ? or does it less ? i used to be with zen is that better? i cant watch you tube videos or iplayer it really sucks they forgot to enable QoS on the line so there vision service doesnt work looks like they limited that as well

Associate
Yep, screw BT and the horse they rode in on. I'm in the process of switching to a new ISP right now. The new ISP still uses BT wholesale at the exchange, but at least I wont have to deal with BT's God aweful call centres anymore.

Soldato
screw bt and there heavy traffic shapeing , is there any isp that doesnt traffic shape ? or does it less ? i used to be with zen is that better? i cant watch you tube videos or iplayer it really sucks they forgot to enable QoS on the line so there vision service doesnt work looks like they limited that as well

I'm with idnet and they don't traffic shape what so ever but they do have download limits which are 40gb peak and 140gb off peak,they also don't count uploads so you can upload what you want.I pay£35 per month but I also get priority at the exchange,i get 51ms pings all day and am synced at 3488kbps on a 63.5db line

Last edited:

KIA

KIA

Man of Honour
FEC Events are errors corrected by interleaving. You might have a problem if you ask for interleaving to be turned off. The connection uptime isn't particularly great. What's the average uptime? Does it re-sync often?

Back
Top Bottom