Corsair H80 Problem

Associate
Ok I bought this cooler for my Asrock Z68 Extreme4 Gen3 Intel Z68 and i5 2500k. The problem I have is that the backplate of the H80 isn't stable when i screw it all the way. It's able to move 1-2 mm inside out. Is this normal? Anyone else has the same setup as me? Am I doing this right? :/

Soldato
My cooler had issues on asus boards due to the pcb being thin. I've not had this problem with a gigabyte board and so can only presume asrock are of similar thickness?

Associate
OP
My cooler had issues on asus boards due to the pcb being thin. I've not had this problem with a gigabyte board and so can only presume asrock are of similar thickness?

I don't think so. Well I will wai until tomorrow when Artic Silver 5 arrives and give it a go. Never faced this problem before with the air cooler. First time i am using the water cooling of corsair. Hope they don't disappoint me

Soldato
I fitted the OcUK H2 Flo extreme the other as above basically a Corsair H80, and found the same thing the back plate can flap about slightly with the stand offs screwed in.

However once the water block is on and the thumb screws are tightened this removes any slack and the clamp is pulled to the motherboard.

Soldato
Funny you should mention that, i used the cooler with the preapplied square of thermal compound applied to the copper cold plate for a few days.

Decided to wipe it all off and put some arctic silver 5, and it made no difference to temperatures at all, infact may have increased them slighty :(

But i guess AS5 has its "break in" period?

Soldato
Changing thermal paste is pointless.

At the very best you get a couple of degrees difference.

Normally there's nothing but your imagination and the fact that room temp may well have changed a degree or so in the time it took you to change it.

Back
Top Bottom