***The iOS 5 Thread***

Associate
This is fairly frustrating lol

I've downloaded both the iPad and iPhone versions which have both been pretty quick <20 mins even on a fairly crap connection, but it can't verify on Apple's servers for Toffee.

I'm doing a bit of work in the background so will keep trying, if not will give it a whirl in the morning before work.

Soldato
Anyone have an idea why iam getting this error?

25rfl1w.png

Associate
Oooh, can't quite believe it, it's finally restoring my iPhone with iOS 5... fingers crossed it doesn't fail.

Tried ATV update not long ago which also failed. I'm much looking forward to the mirroring service for iPad.

Soldato
3200 is iTunes trying to validate the image before installing it, basically to make sure it's not corrupted, but the servers are getting hammered so hard that they can't respond properly. Theres nothing wrong with your device or computer with this code. I backed up my iPad then restored it, it took maybe 10 tries to get past the 3200 then it was fine.

Man of Honour
Looks like its bricked my phone.
Its totally stuck in a loop, get the apple logo, followed by a black screen with just a spinning circle, then back to the apple logo, keeps looping like this.
Cant put it into recovery or DFU mode.
PC doesnt reconise it either.

Looks like a call to Apple tomorrow for a replacement.

Look up how to do a 'DFU restore' (involves holding power and home button then releasing them in the right order at the right time). Not guaranteed to unbrick it, but often does, and can't make the problem worse since it's already bricked.

My iPad has completed the restore+update and is now syncing 98 apps and 5800 songs. I'd best leave it until the morning! :D

PS - Download servers seemed to speed up a lot around 11PM. Not sure why as that's the time the US east coast get home so you'd expect them to be updating. :confused:

Soldato
I had a bit of a try of icloud and I decided I dont really need it.
But its stored all my contacts/calendars on my online account so I can still see it even after deleting the account from the iPhone.

Does anyone know how to go about deleting the account entirely?

Back
Top Bottom