***The iOS 5 Thread***

Associate
Stick with it, mine has just managed to complete the update. Took a few extra hurdles I didn't remember from last time, and it lost all my music, but then mine is set to 'Manually manage music and videos'. Had to sync a time or two before all the apps came back, then a bit of fiddling to get the screens set up as I wanted them, but looks to have finished now.

Last edited:
Man of Honour
This verifying issue (Error 3200) would go a frickin ton faster if it processed the back up of the iphone away from the verify!!! Seems pretty stupid to lock them into each other in my view.

Easy way around that is to back up manually then DFU/recboot the device. There will be no backup to make, so you just have to worry about the error 3200 (which I never got doing it this way).

Associate
Just wondering something. If I update my ipod touch dose that mean most of the apps won't work until they are updated for ios 5? Also is it worth the upgrade yet or is it best to wait until bugs and stuff are fixed?

Thanks.

Caporegime
all up and running, however:-

1 - wifi sync, how do you get this to work? it is plugged into a power cable (not iMac) and on wifi, but why isn't the SYNC NOW button available?

2 - iMessage.....how do I send someone a message on there?

iMessage is built into the messaging app

If you send somebody a message who is on Ios 5 the message should show up as blue denoting its an iMessage one rather than SMS which is green.

Associate
Managed to fix the purchased items sync by manually deselecting all the items, syncing to remove them even though they weren't actually there. Then selecting sync all again. Bit of a pain in the ass but seems to be working fine now.

Back
Top Bottom