Which F1 Race to go to! and prices

Soldato
So im going to try taking my dad to a GP in 2013 for his 60th, always been a massive fan so thought it would be something special! plus mother and father have always looked after me very well, and i have never been able to do anything special for them, so this time will be father and then mums 50th ill have to think of something else :p

if i have another good year of work like this year then affording to go to any shouldn't be a problem (i hope.....)

looking for prices on 2012 races to get a rough idea, and they seem to be coming back with travel and hotel for 3 or 4 nights plus weekend tickets and grandstand seats on the first bend are about £900 each, is that about right or am i looking in the wrong places?

has anyone been to a race further afield and could recommend any?

Soldato
Go to Monza! Who wouldn't love that as a weekend! (spa is also a brilliant option from what I hear).

Silverstone is good though I havnt been to the race yet. Just make sure its one of the classics :D

Soldato
Went to the first Indy race all those years ago which was brilliant - just from the buzz of actually being there, even if you dont get anything like the connection with the race from the big screens (also went to Melbourne a few years ago, which was an absolute scorcher)

would love to go to Austin next year or if not NJ the year after

Associate
I'D say the New Jersey Race, due to Formula 1's growing concern to be more eco-friendly the two American races will be on the calendar together (possibly even back to back) so you will be able to go see two and one of them is bound to be good. :D

Associate
My mate went to Monza last year and said it was great. I'd like to go to silverstone and camp for the weekend but the cost puts me off.

Soldato
I would definitely throw Spa into the mix, yes (would love to go myself)

I went to Hockenheim in 2004 and had a fantastic time (had a seat in the grandstand towards the back of the grid).

We drove there and back and easily the best bit was turning up to the campsite in the TVR Chimaera and overshadowing the few Fezzas and Porsches that were parked up :D

(they were probably amazed that it had got there at all tbh, and not on the back of an AA truck ala James May :p)

Ah yes, and price-wise for the whole weekend was 278 Euros per person plus camping (which I think was about 40-50 euros for the weekend)

Back
Top Bottom