Life's Too Short: New Ricky Gervais sitcom

Wzd

Wzd

Associate
I couldn't find a post on here already so thought i'd give everyone a heads-up for the new Ricky Gervais sitcom Life's Too Short starting on BBC2 tonight :)

BBC Link

Could be good, Warwick Davis is an awesome guy!! ...I've met him :D

Soldato
I thought it felt a bit wooden.

It's sort of a David Brent character in an Extras setting. It's plainly obvious that it's going to be all about cameos from people that Gervais knows now that he is a big name. The part with Liam Neeson was supposed to be funny, but it really wasn't.

I'm hoping it's going to get better.

Soldato
I thought it felt a bit wooden.

It's sort of a David Brent character in an Extras setting. It's plainly obvious that it's going to be all about cameos from people that Gervais knows now that he is a big name. The part with Liam Neeson was supposed to be funny, but it really wasn't.

I'm hoping it's going to get better.

That was one of the parts that had me cracking up!

J.T

J.T

Soldato
Thought it was pretty good, not a constant LOL but it did amuse me enough to keep me watching and come back for more. :)

Associate
I thought it was good, the clips I had previously seen weren't that good.

Yeah, it is pretty much David Brent.

It's called 'Life's Too Short' as Ricky and Steve hate them Channel 4 and 5 documentaries with pun titles like 'The Girl Who's Older Than Her Mum'.

[EDIT] Just saw Matthew Wright mention how clever the title is sarcastically. God, that man does my head in. Do some research you massive tool.

Last edited:
Soldato
Watched it earlier and quite enjoyed it. The bit where Liam Neeson said "... from an African prostitute" nearly had me in tears, he just looked so serious :D. Oh and the stuck in the dog flap speach at the end. :D

daz

daz

Soldato
Enjoyed it - seems like a cross between Extras and The Office so far, but it's only the first episode so perhaps finding its feet? :)

Back
Top Bottom