Why do people 'crack' their knuckles?

Soldato
My colleague does it all the time... and it really annoys me.
It sounds horrible and I don't think he realises that he's doing it.

Isn't it bad for your bones? :confused:

Soldato
There is someone that sits next to me who does this all the time, its the most vile sound ever. People who do this deserve arthritis when they are older.

Associate
Yep it's a myth. Sometimes I hang from something and pull my shoulder blades together and head back, which makes my upper vertebrae crack. It feels amazing!

Aod

Aod

Soldato
I have stiff joints (actually, my GP thinks i borderline have early onset arthritis). when i don't crack them my fingers literally stiffen up and i can't type/write/manipulate things properly.

I can crack every joint in my body, as far as i can tell.

Soldato
Because I love it!

I can crack each finger in 3 directions and my thumbs can be continually cracked without any downtime and can keep on cracking away.

Since I've fallen with both hands flat, I've also been able to crackthe joints below my pinky fingers. My neck also cracks nice and loud, but in my neck I'm not an ambi-cracker ad can only crack to the right :(

Admittedly I don;t really do it at work - as I'm someone with a efw pet peeves of my own, so I'm mindful of others

Soldato
i have stiff joints. when i don't crack them my fingers literally stiffen up and i can't type/write/manipulate things properly.

I can crack every joint in my body, as far as i can tell.
I usually crack my knuckles, fingers, elbows, knees, ankles, toes, neck, back and even my chest somehow (must be my ribs)

I don't do it all the time, only when i get the feeling it needs to be done

Once i did my chest pretty hard and it popped loud and hurt. Thought i had popped a rib out of place or something!

Back
Top Bottom