Spare Computer Parts for DC projects

Associate
Just thought I would post here on the off chance that anyone has a amd2 mobo in need of a home. Its needed as the final part of my second rig that is essentially just for seti.
Got everything else and got the 8800gt in today so just need a mobo. Will be happy to cover postage

Thanks
Andrew

Associate
Worked on a company laptop upgrade so have some spare parts if anyone interested?

1) 1Gb PC3-10600 SoDimm
2) Hitachi 320Gb 2.5" hard drive - it is the 3Gb/s model (Z7K320-320) - going to do a wipe on it - note: might have some bad sectors, not sure, but we replaced it with an SSD.

Anyone interested contact me.

Associate
Building a computer for girlfriend so she can play Guild Wars 2 and Diablo 3 with me when released

All built so far - M2N Sli Deluxe socket AM2 (AM2+ with bios update)
8800 GTS 640mb
2gb 800mhz ram
tx650w psu

Just need a cpu, I'll take care of it :)

Edit: Doesn't matter which, any cpu socket am2 (am3, I'm funny :D) as it'd be nice to just get it up and running

Soldato
Building a computer for girlfriend so she can play Guild Wars 2 and Diablo 3 with me when released

All built so far - M2N Sli Deluxe socket AM2 (AM2+ with bios update)
8800 GTS 640mb
2gb 800mhz ram
tx650w psu

Just need a cpu, I'll take care of it :)

Edit: Doesn't matter which, any cpu socket am2 (am3, I'm funny :D) as it'd be nice to just get it up and running

Do people not read the rules?

Rule 3 states that anything offered in here is for the sole purpose of distributed computing/team OCUK.

How is asking for parts for your girlfriends PC abiding by this rule?

Associate
Sorry, didn't read everything, got a little ahead of myself. It's still my computer, I had just planned on letting her use it for that purpose.

What exactly is Team OCUK?

Read them, it does say for Computing Projects/Team OCUK, I don't see how this isn't considered a computing project or not following the rules. Not trying to 'cause an argument.

Last edited:
Soldato
Sorry, didn't read everything, got a little ahead of myself. It's still my computer, I had just planned on letting her use it for that purpose.

What exactly is Team OCUK?

Read them, it does say for Computing Projects/Team OCUK, I don't see how this isn't considered a computing project or not following the rules. Not trying to 'cause an argument.

they dont mean a personal computer project, them mean for things like a folding machine.

Associate
I thought I'd ask in here as I'm short on funds - looking for a nice quiet 120mm fan for my side panel on my newly downsized PC, which is crunching Rosetta and Collatz. I'm swimming in 140mm fans, and I have 80mm and 40mm fans, but not a single 120mm to be found! If anyone has a spare it'd be much appreciated :)

Edit: never mind, found one in the end.

Last edited:
Associate
If anyone has a screen (doesn't matter what type) or other peripherals, or even some platinum electrodes that are not needed, could I possibly have them. I know that this could be too much to ask, but I'm trying to build a system capable of 3D Cad and CFD on a budget, as well as constructing a university engineering project with a total budget of around £200, so anything appreciated.

EDIT: I have now learned what is meant by a folding rig, and therefore My computer would definitely be used to this end.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom