• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

How come only Pre-release drivers work on my laptop?

Soldato
Any released drivers from ATI completely fail to detect my hardware, but pre-release/release candidate drivers work perfect? It's really annoying being behind on drivers!

Any command line switches I can use to force install everything?

Man of Honour
Can't really help you, but my previous gaming laptop had an ATI Mobility GPU (yes really) and I always had this problem not to mention the drivers were pretty minimal feature wise.

So not sure if its an AMD/ATI thing but certainly not a unique situation.

Soldato
OP
Only a HD 6400M but it's a work laptop (don't worry, I'm the IT person) & just about does the job for everything bar BF3!

Tried a driversweep in safemode?

This has been happening since format - 'Your computer does not contain a proper graphics adapter' - It's lying! :D

Last edited:
Caporegime
Only a HD 6400M but it's a work laptop (don't worry, I'm the IT person) & just about does the job for everything bar BF3!

This has been happening since format - 'Your computer does not contain a proper graphics adapter' - It's lying! :D
It's just being subjective, I wouldn't call a mobile GPU, a 'proper graphics adapter' either :D :p

Have you tried googling for the make of your laptop and catalyst drivers to see if anyone else has the same problem? Maybe the vendor ID of the graphics adapter is incorrect and the inf in the drivers needs modifying?

Soldato
OP
lmao.

Being a 'Business grade' laptop any info on things like this is thin on the ground.

No big deal, it's only GPU heavy games that really need driver fixes theses day & I've got the desktop for that! Just wondered if it was a common issue.

Back
Top Bottom