Worth the upgrade?

Soldato
Hey guys I know Ivybridge is just round the corner, but I have just upgraded from a i7 930, 6 gig RAM, GTX 560ti 1 gig to a i7 2700k, 16gb RAM, GTX 680 2gig. Obviously there are other specs, but those being the big 3 :D

Am I going to notice much difference in games or have I been an impatient goon in not waiting for Ivy?

Also if I use my current Windows 7 disc to install the os do I get the "free trial" of Windows 7 before I have to buy a key and activate it?

Thanks.

Soldato
Is your Windows retail version or OEM? Probably should have waited but hey, it's your money and your choice so who cares? :)

You probably won't notice any difference from the CPU but the RAM and Graphics Card will be nice.

Soldato
+1

For games you really won't notice the difference compared to keeping the old CPU/RAM/HDD and just upgrading the graphics card.

Also, if you are mainly gaming then tbh the i7 2700K is overkill, the i5 2500K (or the i5 3570K if you waited a week) would be just as quick and cost a lot less.

Soldato
With a full retail copy of windows you aren't limited to installing the OS on just one motherboard ever. Instead you can install it on different computers - so long as it is only installed on one at a time.

Back
Top Bottom